Heading out to my library soon to pick up some books

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nathan Lee Casteel

Hello everyone I will be going to my local library soon to pick up some books about the Titanic and the world's reaction to the Titanic disaster. I hope to pick up some books on people like Vincent Astor very soon. I am interested in getting into more depth about Vincent Astor.

Cheers

Nathan

Jan 31, 2001
There may be some books available about the Astor family, which would probably contain some information on Vincent. I could be wrong, but I doubt there have been any books written just about him, so you may just want to check into the Astor family instead. Good luck on your search!

Cheers,
happy.gif

-B.W.

Adam McGuirk

May 19, 2002
Agreed Brandon. I think it is going to be very hard to find a book on Vincent Astor. I'm gonna look at Titanic Triump and Tragedy today at the library. Heard its great.
Adam

Jan 31, 2001
Adam,

Titanic: Triumph and Tragedy is considered by many to be the last word in Titanic books! I have been wanting to obtain a copy for some time now, and I thought I was going to win an auction for it on eBay. The book sells for $35.00 or more, and I was winning it for $13.00! Sadly, and much to my despair, I arrived home late the day the auction ended and found that I was not the winner. Oh well, some day I will have it!

T

Trent Pheifer

It's probably hard to find books about Vincent Astor. I had an impossible time finding books on J. J. Astor IV. All that I could find was a book about the whol Astor family, with like a page dedicated to him. But now that I think about it, There are alot of of books on Brooke Astor, she married Vincent in 1953 before he died in 1959. She seems to have alot of books on her, maybe some of them talk about Vincent.

-Trent

Status
Not open for further replies.