Heather Perkins was Strange intro

• Thread starter Heather Perkins
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Heather Perkins

Okay, you may not believe this but....This is how I got introduced to the Titanic craz... I am a real estate agent in Baltimore and one day I was working at our front desk. One of our responsibilities is greeting customers that walk in and want info on the properties in the area. One day when I first started, a man walked in and ask for some info. about properties in the area. And for some reason, even though I had never met him before, I said,"Okay, Mr. Ismay, I'll pull that info. up for you and have it ready in about 20 minutes." Well obvioulsy this guy looked at me like I was a absolute nut( I just thought he was strange). So I pulled the info he wanted and left it at the desk for him. When he came to pick it up he said thank you and went on to say that his name wasn't "Ismay" and that he was only visiting for the day. His name was actually something completely different.

Anyway, I wouldn't have thought anything about it except for the fact that I NEVER get names wrong. I have an knack for knowing peoples name and numbers after the first meeting. I have since I was a child. So I was really put upon by the fact that I had gotten this guy's name wrong. In fact he had never even SAID his name. I just said it right away. End of story.

Anyway, I forgot about it. That is until a few years later when the whole Titanic thing was letting lose that I SAW a picture of Mr.Ismay. He looked identical to the man that I had met that day in my office.

You may say, "sure, you must have seen a picture somewhere, or heard his name" but as far as I can remember I hadn't. Ever. I didn't know word one about the whole thing until I had seen all the hype many years later.

Strange, huh?

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
G'Day Heather, the human memory is a funny thing, and it's entirely possible that you did hear about Mr. Ismay at some point in your life and forgot about it. It's amazing those details we forget even when they're important to us at the time. Like what we had for dinner this time last year...or perhaps some documentary that was on TV that somebody in the house may have been interested in but which you really couldn't have cared less about at the time.

In any event, welcome aboard!

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Pat Cook

Apr 26, 2000
...or you could be haunted.

In any case, welcome aboard. I'm sure you'll find lots of answers here...but these will only lead to many more questions.

Best regards,
Cook

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Heather,

Welcome aboard! That's quite an interesting story.

It's good to hear from you and I look forward to your posts.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Pedro Soares

Jun 28, 2000
Portugal
I Heather! Interesting, interesting story. Human mind has a lot of tricks! Maybe it means something...Who knows?
Well, anyway, welcome onboard!
Best regards,
Pedro Soares

D

Daniel Rosenshine

Hello Heather,

You say that you NEVER get names wrong. I agree with Michael that you must have seen the picture and the name Ismay with it. You apparently forgot it, and as you say you never get the names wrong, your wonderful memory had dug up the Ismay name and 'recognized' the man, thus that's why I presume you may have done what you did. :)

The mind IS and amazing thing.

Nice to have you on board,

Daniel.

Dec 27, 2000
Dorset
Hi,

Cool story.I'm Laura from England, and I took a more mundane route into finding out about the Titanic..my grandma had a book.
Look forward to hearing from you
Laura

Status
Not open for further replies.