Helen Benziger

H

Helen Benziger

Hello All!
I'm quite embarrassed to say that I just found this site yesterday. What an amazing fountain of information. I dare say I'll not get any more work done.

As an introduction, I am another great granddaughter of Margaret ( The Unsinkable Molly) Brown. Margaret's daughter Helen ( after whom I was named) was my grandmother.

I just wanted to check in and tell you all that I am more than impressed with the site.
If there is anything I can may contribute, please don't hesitate.
May God bless,
Helen

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Helen,

Welcome aboard! This is the best site for all things Titanic.

I've always had a great interest for your great great grandmother. She was quite a lady! A few years ago, I worked at a Titanic exhibition and one of the artifacts was her necklace. It was amazing to see!

It's good to hear from and I hope to see you around.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

H

Helen Benziger

Thanks for your gracious welcome, Jason.

I was at the Birmingham Alabama Titanic Exhibit to help them ring in the new year. The necklace of which you speak is there at this time. I always love seeing it.

Helen

C

Christine Geyer

Hello Helen,

also welcome aboard from me. As Jason said this is certainly the best place to be for a Titanic buff.

Am looking forward to your further postings.

Many regards
Christine

H

Helen Benziger

Jason,
At this point, they have removed any indication that it belonged to Margaret. Pity, unless Muffet or I are at an exhibit where it happens to be, nobody gets the connection. Nobody in Birmingham had any idea that it was Margaret's.

Christine,
Thanks so much for your welcome as well.
Helen

Eric Sauder

Nov 12, 2000
Hi, Helen:

Welcome to the board! How are you related to Barbara Benziger, who survived the sinking of the Andrea Doria?

Glad to have you here.

Eric Sauder

H

Helen Benziger

Hi Eric,

Barbara was my step mother. My step brother Bobby was with her at the time.
Barbara married my father ( Peter Benziger...Molly Brown's grandson) in the early sixties.
Did you happen to know her?

Thanks for the welcome.
Helen

Eric Sauder

Nov 12, 2000
Hi, Helen:

Thanks for letting me know how you're related to Barbara Benziger. Unfortunately, I never knew your step mother, but I really would have liked to. She passed away very shortly before I started locating Doria survivors.

I have only read the one account of the sinking that she included in her book. If you know of any other private accounts she wrote, I'd be very pleased to hear about them

Thanks,

Eric

John Clifford

Mar 30, 1997
I, too, want to say "Welcome Aboard, Helen"!!!
smile.gif

I met Muffett at the THS Convention, in April 1999; a lovely lady.

Also, a story to share: at the THS Convention, in April 1999, I was in the 2nd of 3 groups to visit the Molly Brown House, on April 10th. The tour guide was quite amused to see that the one part of the House where everyone seemed to be drawn to was the hallway, where the TItanic story was exhibited (with Ken Marschall's paintings on display).
I hope to, someday, return to Denver, and revisit the Molly Brown House, as well as head back up to Leadville.

BTW, a question: have you, Muffett, or Larry Brown (I do hope I got his name right) decided on which actress has, based on your family's information, been the most realistic Molly Brown?
We all have our ideas as to the best and worst performances that we've seen, but that'a another topic.

Anyway, "Glad to Have You With Us", Helen, and unlike the couple in the film version of Meredith Willson's other musical, many of us will "mention it again".
grin.gif
wink.gif