Helen Loraine Allison

Ebjoddrell

Jul 16, 2010
I DON,T SEE HOW THE MOTHER COULD BE SMILING ON THE PROMENADE DECK , WHEN IN ANOTHER REPORT SHE WAS SUPPOSIDLY HYSTERICAL. SEEMS VERY STRANGE AND SINISTER ! ERIC JODDRELL

k a y l a

Oct 15, 2010
That's so sad, i feel so sorry for the family of this little girl. Poor little girl, yet i dont understand how they couldnt find the body....

Marie (484)

Dec 16, 2010
"53 of 76 3rd class passengers died" its amazing that we feel so much pity for this one wealthy child when 53 other children lost their lives. Look at the bigger picture people.

Google

Mar 8, 2011
It truly was sad, she was only two. But, I feel bad for all of the children of the R.M.S. Titanic that perished over a darn iceberg. You can see a picture of an iceberg 405 miles of the coast of Newfoundland with a smear of red paint...

Sep 3, 2011
I don't think she was holding her husband and smiling. This story came from the maid that rescued the boy. It was in an artical and was a third hand story. With the tilt of the boat at the end, there is no way they could of been simply holding hands and smiling. Bless all the children who lost their lives that night. May they rest in peace.

Aug 26, 2013
what i think is sad is the simple fact that the baby boy was handed over to the mothers sister. yet they couldnt save his sister? why is that?

Dani10613

May 8, 2014
actually, the parents gave Loraine to a ship builder who went into a lifeboat. Since they had to change their names, people thought she had drowned. Sometime after the Titanic sunk, she claimed that she was Loraine Allison and she has a bunch of papers to prove it.

May 18, 2014
They could see nothing on this night. They were in the middle of the Atlantic on a night with no Moon, it would have only appeared as a huge black mass, and so it was only noticeable when it blocked out the stars. Coupled with the fact that the lookouts had no binoculars, everything that could have gone wrong that night went wrong.

Séverina

Jul 2, 2014
It is awfully sad..But i keep on thinking that this tragegy could have been avoided if the Captain stopped the engine before the night. Without visibility ,and with no moon it was dangerous to sail..and the boat sailed very fast if my memories are good..sad.