Hello everyone

Susi

Hello everyone, and I'd like to apologize right away that I haven't introduced myself earlier.

I've been a long-time lurker to this site, and I'd like to express my admiration for all those people and researchers here that have provided countless of us titanic enthusiasts and newbies with valuable and precious information and have been considerate & patient with the often repetitve questions.

I am a 21 years old lebanese living in Germany. I have been interested in the Titanic since I was kid, but I only started doing researches this year. For me, talking and researching about the Titanic is a highly emotional and personal subject. I always like to take my time and I often get super emotionally invested in its victims' and survivors' lives that it often makes my heart ache with real pain. I think I way too often take my findings regarding Titanic's fate too much to heart that they even affect my fragile mental health negatively. But my curiosity and interest drive me to further investigations. I don't like it when my relatives, friends or the media make ignorant assumptions regarding the disaster or regarding the passengers and officers involved. There are way too many fake stories and rumors that are taken as facts these days, especially since James Cameron's movie. The entire story of how the Titanic was built untill she set sail unto her fated collision on her maiden voyage are deeply fascinating, tragic yet mysterious at the same time.

My main interest actually belongs to the officers from Captain Smith to Junior James Moody. Their stories have fascinated, touched and deeply inspired me. I wish I could actually know everything about them and go back in time to meet them. I guess from time to time it is better for me to take a step back and take a deep breath, because the times have passed and there is nothing I can do about all the pain and heartaches that this ship has left behind and the mysteries that keep resonating from the bottom of the ocean. I cannot stop but to feel haunting nostalgia and longing to a time and event I never experienced myself, but it feels as if I am somehow connected to everything that has happened, to the ship and to its people. Researching about titanic is not just a "matter-of-fact" topic for me to satisfy shallow curiostiy, but to actually understand and empathetically feel what I find out, and it not too rarely frustrates me when I reach a limit to the answers and underlying wisdom that I wish to seek.

I actually did not want to drift into too sappy writing, but since it actually reflects how I feel, I think it' important to state what my philosophy behind my titanic interest is

Thank you for reading

Reactions: 2 users

Tim Aldrich

Hello everyone, and I'd like to apologize right away that I haven't introduced myself earlier.

I've been a long-time lurker to this site, and I'd like to express my admiration for all those people and researchers here that have provided countless of us titanic enthusiasts and newbies with valuable and precious information and have been considerate & patient with the often repetitve questions.

I am a 21 years old lebanese living in Germany. I have been interested in the Titanic since I was kid, but I only started doing researches this year. For me, talking and researching about the Titanic is a highly emotional and personal subject. I always like to take my time and I often get super emotionally invested in its victims' and survivors' lives that it often makes my heart ache with real pain. I think I way too often take my findings regarding Titanic's fate too much to heart that they even affect my fragile mental health negatively. But my curiosity and interest drive me to further investigations. I don't like it when my relatives, friends or the media make ignorant assumptions regarding the disaster or regarding the passengers and officers involved. There are way too many fake stories and rumors that are taken as facts these days, especially since James Cameron's movie. The entire story of how the Titanic was built untill she set sail unto her fated collision on her maiden voyage are deeply fascinating, tragic yet mysterious at the same time.

My main interest actually belongs to the officers from Captain Smith to Junior James Moody. Their stories have fascinated, touched and deeply inspired me. I wish I could actually know everything about them and go back in time to meet them. I guess from time to time it is better for me to take a step back and take a deep breath, because the times have passed and there is nothing I can do about all the pain and heartaches that this ship has left behind and the mysteries that keep resonating from the bottom of the ocean. I cannot stop but to feel haunting nostalgia and longing to a time and event I never experienced myself, but it feels as if I am somehow connected to everything that has happened, to the ship and to its people. Researching about titanic is not just a "matter-of-fact" topic for me to satisfy shallow curiostiy, but to actually understand and empathetically feel what I find out, and it not too rarely frustrates me when I reach a limit to the answers and underlying wisdom that I wish to seek.

I actually did not want to drift into too sappy writing, but since it actually reflects how I feel, I think it' important to state what my philosophy behind my titanic interest is

Thank you for reading
Welcome aboard.

Reactions: 1 user

IcySofter

There are many of us here with sentiments similar to your own. We are interested in the facts, the knowledge that comes from those facts and we have felt a compassion for those survivors who lived so long with the memories of that horrible night. Although they have now long passed away some of their families yet hold them dear. I think you will find the members full of knowledge and longing for understanding. Welcome to the crew!

Reactions: 1 user

Susi

There are many of us here with sentiments similar to your own. We are interested in the facts, the knowledge that comes from those facts and we have felt a compassion for those survivors who lived so long with the memories of that horrible night. Although they have now long passed away some of their families yet hold them dear. I think you will find the members full of knowledge and longing for understanding. Welcome to the crew!

Thank you so much. This is exactly how I feel. I'm looking forward to learning more and more