Hello from Halifax, Nova Scotia!

Del

I can see the famous "J Dawson" gravestone from my living room window and of course the cemetery that he is resting in. I live within a short walk to the three main Titanic cemeteries here in Halifax, Nova Scotia. I even sat in one of Titanic's recovered deck chairs back in the early eighties at the Maritime Museum of The Atlantic here in Halifax before they replaced it with a replica. Anyway, just felt like saying hello. I ended up on this forum many times over the years and decided to sign up with my Titanic story. Thank you for approving my membership.

Arun Vajpey

Hello and welcome to the forums. You will find this to be an extremely comprehensive information site. Interesting (if sometimes heated ;)) discussions too.

Apart from Halifax's Titanic connections, I have a couple of other interests in Nova Scotia. One is that I have been interested in the so-called "Money Pit" in Oak Island since I read about it as a kid back in 1966. The other is author Thomas Raddall (I am sure you know about him; just about everyone from Halifax seems to), whose books are among my favourites, especially short stories dealing with early White settlers in Nova Scotia and their interaction with the Micmac tribesmen.

Reactions: 1 user

Del

Hello and welcome to the forums. You will find this to be an extremely comprehensive information site. Interesting (if sometimes heated ;)) discussions too.

Apart from Halifax's Titanic connections, I have a couple of other interests in Nova Scotia. One is that I have been interested in the so-called "Money Pit" in Oak Island since I read about it as a kid back in 1966. The other is author Thomas Raddall (I am sure you know about him; just about everyone from Halifax seems to), whose books are among my favourites, especially short stories dealing with early White settlers in Nova Scotia and their interaction with the Micmac tribesmen.
I wasn't actually on the island, but traveled by it many times over the years. Also, yes, Raddall. He was a brilliant author. There is a provincial park named after him also. Thank you for the reply, Arun!

Reactions: 1 user

Arun Vajpey

Also, yes, Raddall. He was a brilliant author. There is a provincial park named after him also
I corresponded with his son - a dentist, if I recall - for a few years back in the 1990s. Also, I bought most of my Raddall books from a place in Halifax called Schooner Books; does it still exist?