Hello from Mississippi!

Dawnf28

Apr 15, 2019
Mississippi
Hello,
My name is Dawn, I am a military wife and mom of 2 girls from Mississippi. I am slightly obsessed with Titanic, I always say that if there was such a thing as past lives I would have been there. My family is used to it but none of them understand...any time a documentary or movie is on I watch it and if I see a new book or magazine I buy it! LOL I have been to 3 different exhibitions and cannot wait to visit either the Pigeon Forge or Branson museums, I have coal from the Titanic and also have purchased the perfume based on a passenger's belongings and a necklace that is a copy of the wrought iron windows. Am I wrong to feel silly sometimes that I just can't let go of this? Anyway I can't believe I am just now finding this group, in fact "Molly Brown" from the Orlando exhibit told me I should join! I look forward to chatting with you all! I have attached a couple of pics from Orlando.

Attachments

Nov 14, 2005
"Am I wrong to feel silly sometimes that I just can't let go of this?"
Don't feel silly about it. Sometimes things grab you and you can't let go. I went to Belfast for the 100th anniversary events and when they were done I said to myself "ok time to let this go and pursue other intrests, you've studied it enough" But then you see something or read an article and Titanic would suck me back in. I don't want to speak for anyone else but I would wager most of the people here are like that. Anyway enjoy the site. I have. There is a lot of good info here and some very knowlegable people here. Not that I count myself among them at their level.

Reactions: Dawnf28

Dawnf28

Apr 15, 2019
Mississippi
"Am I wrong to feel silly sometimes that I just can't let go of this?"
Don't feel silly about it. Sometimes things grab you and you can't let go. I went to Belfast for the 100th anniversary events and when they were done I said to myself "ok time to let this go and pursue other intrests, you've studied it enough" But then you see something or read an article and Titanic would suck me back in. I don't want to speak for anyone else but I would wager most of the people here are like that. Anyway enjoy the site. I have. There is a lot of good info here and some very knowlegable people here. Not that I count myself among them at their level.
Thank you! Oh I would LOVE to go to Belfast, my ancestors came from Ireland! I would also like to visit the cemetery in Halifax to pay my respects. I am enjoying the site so far!

Dec 4, 2000
Dawn -- we forget that our warriors have families and loved ones. A heart-felt salute to spouses like you who support those in uniform.

--- David G. Brown

Reactions: Dawnf28