Hello from the Great Niece of Thomas Kilgannon

Oct 15, 2017
I have traveled from Belfast to see where the Titanic was built/launched and was last month in Cobh to see where Thomas left Ireland for the last time and walked on Heartbreak Pier to his tender America. The Titanic has been in my life for my entire life and I feel as if I know Thomas. There have been many Titanic artifacts shown all over the USA and I've managed to see most of them. Thomas, unfortunately, was
one of the missing at the tender age of 21. I'm so happy to have found this group!

Joan Kilgannon

Reactions: 1 users

Mary Wernke

Oct 22, 2017
My distant cousin MARGARET Mannion traveled with Thomas and her fiancé Martin from QueensTown. MARGARET survived and I hope to write a novel based on her time after the sinking. Would love to share notes from before the trip.

Hello from Thomas

Oct 15, 2017
Hi Mary,
When Margaret left the Titanic Thomas gave her his jumper to keep her warm. She returned it to the family when she arrived home and it was in the attic of my GU William (Thomas's brother) until the mid 1980's when he decided that it needed to be thrown out! My aunt while visiting right before the discard saw the jumper and was shocked to hear that it was thrown away. So Margaret was to marry Martin Gallagher? I have a copy of Martin's Last Will and Testament. Joan

Mary Wernke

Oct 22, 2017
All the stories I’ve read say Thomas gave his sweater (?) to Margaret’s friend Ellie. I would love to see a copy of Martin’s will. He was so young. Odd he was thinking of his estate.