Hello from the Scottish Highlands!

Feb 27, 2020
Scotland
Hi all,

Been browsing this site for a few years now and thought I'd better register. I live in the Scottish Highlands (Loch Ness Monster, Battle of Culloden, Outlander, all that).

Married to a Northern Irishman from County Down - like my historical hero, Thomas Andrews. ;-) We spend three weeks a year in Northern Ireland, especially Counties Down and Antrim, and Belfast itself. A Titanic enthusiast's dream to be in Belfast so regularly! I'm also a member of the Belfast Titanic Society.

Over the years we've done the Titanic Exhibition Centre... the tour aboard the Nomadic... the tour around the Harland and Wolff shipyard area... stayed in the Titanic hotel in Belfast, formerly Harland and Wolff's drawing offices. Been to Comber to visit Thomas Andrews' old haunts. Also had the privilege of seeing the man's refurbished office at Harland and Wolff (plus the offices of Pirrie and Carlisle).

Thomas Andrews and the shipbuilding side of the Titanic story has been my obsession for years - the man is my hero. :D Currently re-writing an unfinished novel that started life in 2012, with Thomas Andrews as the secondary character (Lord Pirrie and others in supporting roles). This site has been invaluable for smaller details and facts!

Hope to contribute soon to discussions.

Best wishes...

Last edited:

derek byrne

Oct 4, 2017
Hi Celtic Spirit77, I am living in Dundee and originally from Dublin. Like you I have been to the Titanic Centre in Belfast and also in Florida. I also attended the Titanic Inc. travelling exhibition in Dundee a number of years ago. I have just published a book that may be of some interest to a Scot. It explores the links between Titanic and Dundee. It is available from Amazon and Kindle and there is an eight-part you Tube video presentation based on the book. The you Tube videos are pretty amateurish as I am not very IT proficient. Good luck with your book and stick with it and finish it. Let me know when it is available. Derek Byrne