Help me please any information on Dorathy Gisbon

Philip Hind

Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
Could be that you are living in parallel universes (possible), or maybe you just have different sized screens. Hmmm.

Ben Holme

Feb 11, 2001
Hi Phil (G),

Further annoyance with myself. After hunting around extensively I was unable to find the photo. It may well have been that I was confusing Pauline with another 1st class "mother", or else I was relying on what others had told me about her appearance and had simply conjured up an image in my mind! Anyway, I'll get back to you on this..

Best Regards,

Ben

Teri Lynn Milch

Apr 7, 2001
Phil Hind,

I am fully aware of what universe I am living in, but we were never quite sure what universe Josh was living in!
wink.gif

Josh,

And a warrior woman I am!
mad.gif

(uh oh, I'm in for it now from Standart)

Teri

Phillip Gowan

Apr 10, 2001
In response a a couple of private requests:

I'll attempt a comparison of Mommy Dearest and her offspring.

your_image.gif

Phillip Gowan

Apr 10, 2001
Here's Pauline--I think first time most have ever seen her (this is not one of the better photos I admit):

7991.jpg

Ben Holme

Feb 11, 2001
Phil--Many thanks for sharing these! I can confirm I have not seen this Pauline Gibson pic before.

I agree with Charles - judging from the above photo, Dorothy appeared to have aged well.

Regards,
Ben

Dec 7, 2000
Thanks Phil, the pictures are much appreciated! About Pauline, is that picture from c. Titanic, or as it appears a later picture? As far as I'm aware, we still don't know when she died.

As for the mystery of the picture being on the left or right hand side, Phil H was right, it depends on the screen. I'm now using a different computer and the image is on the left!

Daniel.

Phillip Gowan

Apr 10, 2001
Hi Daniel,
The photo of Pauline was taken when she was in her 70's-circa 1939. I have her death certificate (after a long, frustrating search with governmental agencies that were somewhat less than cooperative). But that information is being saved for some consolidated publication along with details of the deaths of others such as Rosa Abbott, Mrs. Cassebeer, etc. But rest assured, she has been tracked down.

Regards,
Phil