Help stop a fraudulent Titanic sale!

Jun 27, 2002
Guys and Gals, I need your help,

A fellow on ebay is trying to sell a piece of Lifeboat Number 5, which he claims he got from the boat on display at a Titanic exhibition in 2000. He claims a paint chip fell off and he took it (so if the story were true, he'd be dealing in stolen property). Of course, this is all nonsense because lifeboat number 5, nor any boats, have turned up!

What's scary is this bloke has gotten several offers. Some unscrupulous buyer is gonna get suckered big time! I message him alerting him his auction couldn't be real, and at best, he got a paint chip from a reproduction boat, not a real one. This was his reply:

"keep your ASSsumptions to your self!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

This dude is bad news, and has to be stopped. If enough people report the auction as fraudulent, it'll get automatically taken down by ebay. Please help me by reporting this con artist!

titanic lifeboat | eBay

robertg

Apr 20, 2012
hello Titanic followers, i certainly do have a piece of Titanic memorabilia, it is a mirror 105 yrs old. i posted this and Paul burns called me, he is interested in using the mirror in the 2013 exhibit. the mirroe was manufactured by Tyler and Hippach sept.26, 1907. as we all know the story of both Ida and Sophia Hippach is legendary. John Jacob Astor, lifeboat no, 4, the Phoenix Theater fire of 1912 where Idas 12 and 15 yr old sons perished along with hundreds of others.If anyone wants to verify my mirror go to Craigs List in Oregon, (Eugene or Springfield), under antiques and type in "mirrors"/ there are 2 pictures of the front and 2 of the back which distinctly shows the names, dates, and place of mfg. i have it up for a grand but was told it could possibly go for $1,250.00. i really don't know, i may put it on ebay this week. if interested, make offer. my phone number is on the craigs List ad. respectfully, robert g.

robertg

Apr 20, 2012
Titanic survivor mirror

this is not to say by any means this mirror ever came from titanic, only that is was owned and manufactured by Ida Hippachs glass and mirror company. it is good we have punked off the person who is trying to sell a paint chip
robert g.