Help with logging in and resetting your password

Philip Hind

Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
Help with resetting your password

If you are a current member of our old board then your membership has been transferred. But NOT your username and password.

To start using this board you need to set a new password and use your new username which is your real name.

To set a new password:

STEP 1

1. Visit the Lost Password page
  2. Type in your email address... please check you have typed it right!
  3. Answer the security question.
  4. Click the Request Username/Password button and wait.

You should see a screen which says "The username and details about how to reset your password have been emailed to you..."

Check your inbox (or spam folder if it does not arrive promptly).

STEP 2

1. Note the confirmation of your username
  2. Click the link in the email.
  3. This screen should now load: "Your password has now been reset and emailed to you. Please check your email to find your new password. To change your password, please use this form."
STEP 3
Go back to your inbox (or spam folder) and read the new email. It should contain your new password which you can then use to login (and change it if you want to).

Last edited:

Philip Hind

Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
Whilst the old board is still live (not for much longer) your old login details will still work there. The same for the Contribute section of the site, if you have tried to add a story or article. The new login system only applies to this forum but eventually this will be the only one you will need. Transition is a bit painful but we're getting there!

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Getting my password straightened out was easy enough but for some reason, when I post, my screen coughs up a long error code with a lot of HTML formatting. Yet, when I click on my link to the forum, the message shows up

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
First, let's see if it does it again. (I'm using the latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer.)

[addendum: It worked properly this time so whatever the issue was, it must have gone away. works for me and fewer headaches for you!]

hopkirk

Apr 15, 2013
Having been away (& forgotten my password!) i returned and followed your instructions (using my android phone) However..after struggling for an hour i find that there is now no way of changing my password to something i'll remember! No button or page that i can see! HELP!