Her Name Titanic by C Pellgrino for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2000
If you want to be bored senseless whilst learning made-up "facts," by all means read on.
happy.gif

I've heard a few eople saying it was the worst Titanic book there is. I bought it back in '99 because the cover looked good.

I hope someone does buy it, if nt it'll be going down to Del the seedy paperback dealer who'll give me about 50p for it. ;-)

BTW, my ebay login and my login here (mkc400) are to do with Olympic. According to the Mersey Report, the letters MKC were the marconi call sign Olympic had in April 1912. Titanic's was MGY.

400 was her Harland & Wolff order number (in case you didn't know)
happy.gif

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
This book is definitely not one of my better ones, that sit on my book shelf. I also thought that it looked like a good book because of the cover...Not!! I was fooled! I wouldn't recommend it to a soul.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Martin Pirrie

Jun 28, 2000
You stick with it Stuart! The book you have just sold may not be good as a reference but it is still a book about Titanic and could be added to anyone’s library with the proviso that it is inaccurate and contains what may be called "purple prose". Even bad books are interesting as long as one understands their failings and at £6.50 yours is not expensive. Look at Gardiner’s book about the Titanic/Olympic switch. A travesty of the truth but with some interesting documentary facts and figures hidden amongst the dross.

Jun 10, 1999
Hello:

I am curious to know how many of you folks opionionated Pelligrino's second work..."Ghosts of the Titanic"? Perhaps some of you balked at the thought of even reading it, owing to forming a conclusion on Pelligrino's first release.

The in-depth recounting of an RMSTI visit and artifact retrieval(s) in "Ghosts" must have only heightened the biased THS standpoint. They must have savoured in tearing that one apart,
just have we have seen in the past with Messrs. Eaton and Haas. It amazes me how critical folks can be toward one another, particulary a fellow enthusiast. Always falling short of *giving credit where credit is due*!!

Take a look back at the first edition of "Triumph and Tragedy" (**Recalling the year**)...

...then tell me not that Eaton and Haas are worthy of an high praise...even when you consider the errors.

What was it that Mr. Walter Lord wrote about *know it alls* in his work? Need I remind you?

What was your contribution way back when the first "Triumph and Tragedy" was released? Me I was ever so grateful for anything *new* in regards to the TITANIC legacy.

Michael A. Cundiff
USA

Oct 13, 2000
Michael,
there was quite a good discussion about Pellegrino's Ghosts on the Titanic Books page. you need to scroll down to around December, 2001 to see it. well worth a look through.

Status
Not open for further replies.