Hi from France

Nemtzsche

Sep 10, 2020
Paris, France
nemtzsche.wordpress.com
Hello all,
I'm Marine, a 22 year old French girl with an unhealthy Titanic obsession. I fell down the rabbit hole one slow day at work and haven't been able to stop reading since then :) I love to bore my friends and coworkers with Titanic trivia. I just wanted to show appreciation and gratitude for this website and forum which have both helped feed my hunger for Titanic knowledge. Keep up the great work everyone, and have a beautiful day!

Reactions: 1 users

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
Hello all,
I'm Marine, a 22 year old French girl with an unhealthy Titanic obsession. I fell down the rabbit hole one slow day at work and haven't been able to stop reading since then :) I love to bore my friends and coworkers with Titanic trivia. I just wanted to show appreciation and gratitude for this website and forum which have both helped feed my hunger for Titanic knowledge. Keep up the great work everyone, and have a beautiful day!
Hi, welcome aboard! I guess I have an unhealthy Titanic obsession as well, we probably all do! This site is amazing, you’ll have a ton of fun here. You have an awesome day too :)

edit: I like your name, especially in these circumstances ;)

Reactions: 1 user

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
To be fair I've been lurking here for 2 months but it took an especially slow day at work to make me come out of the shadow haha
I accidentally found this website looking for some of Ken Marschall’s paintings. Lurked for two days before my curiosity got the best of me. Probably been here everyday since, haha.

Nemtzsche

Sep 10, 2020
Paris, France
nemtzsche.wordpress.com
Hi, welcome aboard! I guess I have an unhealthy Titanic obsession as well, we probably all do! This site is amazing, you’ll have a ton of fun here. You have an awesome day too :)

edit: I like your name, especially in these circumstances ;)
I just saw your edit! I must admit I chuckled when I made my post, it had never occurred to me before. I guess I was doomed to a life of maritime obsessions...

• Haha

pragmatist

Oct 16, 2020
Hi! I have just become a member - I am an 89 year old English man also living in France, in the Lot dept. I joined because I have never done as much investigation into the Titanic as I should have done in view of my connections. My paternal grandfather, whom I never met, or even saw in a photograph, was one of the design draughtsmen who worked on the Titanic. He was apparently one of the designated 'snagging' team and should have gone on the voyage, but he died of cancer that same April - either way 1912 was obviously not his year. If the picture of the drawing office predates the sailing, as I imagine it does, then my grandfather is presumably one of those in the photograph - but never having seen a photo of him I couldn't reasonably hazard aguess as to which on he is. I hope with my membership of the site that I can gradually accumulate more information.

Reactions: 1 users

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
Hi! I have just become a member - I am an 89 year old English man also living in France, in the Lot dept. I joined because I have never done as much investigation into the Titanic as I should have done in view of my connections. My paternal grandfather, whom I never met, or even saw in a photograph, was one of the design draughtsmen who worked on the Titanic. He was apparently one of the designated 'snagging' team and should have gone on the voyage, but he died of cancer that same April - either way 1912 was obviously not his year. If the picture of the drawing office predates the sailing, as I imagine it does, then my grandfather is presumably one of those in the photograph - but never having seen a photo of him I couldn't reasonably hazard aguess as to which on he is. I hope with my membership of the site that I can gradually accumulate more information.
Welcome aboard, Sir!

Bo Bowman

Dec 23, 2019
Worland, Wyoming
What am amazing story! It would be wonderful except for the cancer part. Welcome aboard, and best wishes on your search for answers. Chasing down ancestors is a delightful pursuit.