Hi from NYC

White Star

Jul 5, 2017
New York City
Hello, everyone!

I've always had an interest in the history of the Titanic, but I've found my flame rekindled after watching a few documentaries recently. I went looking for sites that were great for information/references and this site came up -- I was glad to see there was even a forum!

I've been in New York City for a few years now; I'm originally from Connecticut. I'm an illustrator, I love all things geeky (Doctor Who, Star Trek (TOS <3), Sherlock Holmes, comic books, video games, etc.), I have a passion for art history (most notably pieces/artists from the Victorian & Edwardian Eras), and I love visiting museums -- it's especially great being in the city because there are so many to choose from! (Most recent venture was to The Merchant House. Anyone else ever been?)

I suppose you can call me 'Star' or 'White Star' or whatever else floats your boat. (Ha.) If you have any questions for me, I'm happy to answer them. In the meantime, I look forward to getting to know everyone and expanding my knowledge on these historic ships!

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
Welcome aboard Star!

Just to inform you, if you saw "Titanic: The New Evidence" you should know it was extremely inaccurate.

White Star

Jul 5, 2017
New York City
I'll admit I am curious now to watch this new documentary you mentioned. Were there specific parts that were particularly inaccurate or should the whole thing just generally be thrown out accuracy-wise?

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
The whole thing is completely inaccurate as it twists historic facts to suit it's own needs and the whole idea is based on two photos from The Kempster Album (http://www.titanicphotographs.com/Kempster/indexkempster.html) that show a black smudge from two different angles (see attached file below). The show claims it's from the infamous coal fire in Boiler Room 5 but in reality:

A) The smudge is too far forward and would be coming from the most-coward coal store in Boiler Room 6, not Boiler Room 5.

B) Existing photos of the 1st Class swimming pool from Titanic show no evidence of bending, heat damage or smoke.

C) They are actually 3 photos taken from the photographer with the 3rd taken with a different sense and showing no smudge suggesting it was more likely dirt on the camera's lens.

There are multiple forums on this website alone that discuss it in greater detail but if you want to watch it, look at these links first:

http://wormstedt.com/Titanic/TITANIC-FIRE-AND-ICE-Article.pdf
(Written by Bill Wormstedt, a well known Titanic Historian debunking the images.)

http://www.paullee.com/titanic/time.php
(Written by Paul Lee, ex-Encyclopedia Titanica member who explains the show's host Senan Molony history of inaccurate evidence and analyses the photos. Scroll down page for info.)

(A podcast by Titanic Honor & Glory, that explains how the coal fire actually helped prevent the ship capsizing and sinking quicker. Watch between roughly 8:00 and 15:00.)

Hope this helps!

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user