Hi Ibm Carol White

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

carol white

Hi! I'm Carol I have 2 Boys ages 12 and 7. I just joined this message board. I'm very interested in the Titanic. My sons are also, my great-grandfather was on the Titanic. He didnt survive.
We are planning on seeing the new movie Ghosts of the Abyss soon.
Hope to talk to you soon!

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Hallo again, Carol. We've already 'met' out there among the threads, but again I wish you a hearty welcome to the friendly pages of Titanica. Glad the boys are interested - one day they'll be passing on the story of their great-great-grandad to their own grandchildren.

A

Alex McLean

Hello Carol. Please allow me to welcome you to the board. We are all very happy to see your name here, and I hope you enjoy your stay.
All my best,
Alex

PS. Please alert me if I am intruding, but what was your great-grandfather's name?
happy.gif

C

carol white

> Alex, Thanks for the welcome. His name is Aaron Willer. I'm glad that I found this group.:eek:)

May 8, 2001
Welcome to the board, Carol. Glad you are taking the time to make certain your family history is passed down to your boys. It is so important!

Beth Barber

Jun 7, 2001
Hi Carol - welcome to the board. Do you have any additional information to add to your great-grandfathers bio on this site? If so - get with the owner of the site -Phil Hind. It would be great to know more. - Beth

C

carol white

> Colleen, I agree, thanks for the welcome. You guys are so friendly! :eek:)

C

carol white

>Hi Beth, Thanks for the welcome. I do, I got more informaion from Brian, this is what he gave to me: Weller, Mr. Aaron. (also listed as Harry Willer). Missing. En route to his wife at 1330 South Halstead Street, Chicago, Illinois. From Russia. Occupation- Tailor aged 37 years (Aaron Weller). Had lived in America for several years but returned to London after failure of his business. Returning to America to start a new business. Married with five children. Insurance claim C33. Life: $50,000. Property: $10,000. Claims filed by his administrators. Was carrying $200 cash. Widow received $3260 from American Red Cross and $2500 from other Relief Funds

C

carol white

>Jason, Thanks for the hello. My boys love everything Titanic we have a room in our house that has Titanic posters on the walls. Books on all the coffee tables related to Titanic. Hope to talk to you again :eek:) Carol

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Hi, Carol. I'm a single mom myself. Only one daughter, though. Don't know how I'd manage with more than one! Ask Jason and Bob - they'll tell you! Anyway, welcome to the board. I hope you'll stay with us a good long while.

Kyrila

C

carol white

>Kyrila, It sure is a treat to be a Mother to my boys they are a handfull. My 12 year old is so layed back and calm. The 7 year old is very high strung. He is giving me a run for my money! :eek:) But they are the light of my life. Have a great day! Carol

Hilary Popple

May 28, 2003
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Hi Carol
I'm new to the site and we sound pretty similar!
I also have two boys (14 and 11) who are interested in the Titanic and my great-grandfather was aboard too! (He didn't survive either). I don't know how many hours I've spent on here since I registered - it's completely addictive!
Hilary

A

Alex McLean

Welcome Hilary,
I will agree with you, this site is addictive. What was your great-grandfather's name, if I may ask?
Glad to see you here, and I look forward to talking to you more.
happy.gif

Hilary Popple

May 28, 2003
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
His name was Albert Bryant (Greaser) but you'll find him listed as 'M Stafford'.
I've just noticed I missed out the important word 'not' in my earlier message - i.e. unfortunately my two boys are NOT interested in the Titanic - see my introduction also!

T

THOMAS D DYER

HI! Welcome to Encyclopedia Titanica!
All the best
TOM D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.