Hi Ibm darryl need some help

• Thread starter Darryl Daughtrey
  • Start date

D

Darryl Daughtrey

Hi my name is darryl from Australia I have been spellbound of the Titanic for a many year. In using this site found that a "C.L.Daughtrey" daughter of a crewman on the ship Olympic is mention in the book TITANIC VOICES on page106 which I do not have.If anyone can help me on this information I would be greatful, as she a past relative. My email address darryl_daughtrey@hotmail.com

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
G'day, Fellow Aussie!

The bit from C L Daughtrey was in the Echo, which is a Southampton newspaper, in December 1970.

She says she was a small girl at the time and that her father was disappointed not to go on Titanic with his mates.

On April 14th 1912 a large picture fell from the wall of her home. Her mother took this as a bad omen and said, "My goodness a ship will go down tomorrow".

She also remembered the news paper boys crying out that Titanic had sunk.

I fear you will be lucky to find her still alive. Records in Britain may help you to find relatives. Good luck!

D

Darryl Daughtrey

Hi Dave thank you for the info .My next step is contacting the Echo paper.It is going to be a long and involved search.Hopefully I;ll find what I;m looking for.Thank you for your time
Darryl