Hi Ibm Matthew Rumble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2004
And I live in Southampton. I am told that I am the great-grandson of Engine Trimmer William McIntyre who survived the sinking and went on to have have a family that included my grand-dad.

I now work for the UK'S Marine Accident Investigation Branch, managing the recovery, transfer, playback and analysis of data from Voyage Data Recorders (commonly known as 'Black Boxes') on UK ships involved in accidents anywhere in the world, and on any ships in UK waters... What a strange world it is!

Anyway, if anyone has any info or other links to follow, where I might find out more about my great-grandfather I would be most appreciative.

I have posted a new thread in the 'Engineers - Trimmers' research thread where any info can be posted.

Hi again all - and I look forward to spending time discussing with you all on this website!

Kind regards,

Matthew

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Matthew,

Welcome aboard! This is the best site to discuss all things Titanic.

I've been to Southampton a couple of times and I really enjoyed my time there, plus it's a beautiful city. In fact, a mate of mine and I were there for a couple of days, before boarding the Queen Mary 2. I plan on making many more visits there.

As far as your great grandfather goes, have you checked out his biography on here? If not, click HERE. I'm afraid it's not much though.

It's good to hear from you and I look forward to your posts.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Welcome, Matthew. You've certainly come to the right place to have a go at investigating a marine accident the hard way!
wink.gif

Sep 23, 2004
Thanks for your kind welcome guys...

Jason - yes I have checked out William's Biog, and, no - it's not much!
happy.gif

Cheers again,
Matt

Aug 7, 2007
How bizarre!!

My Great-Great Uncle (Henry Ingrouille) would have known your Great-Granddad, seeing as they both transferred from the Olympic, and lived only 5 doors away from each other in Southampton prior to joining the Titanic (my Great-Great-Uncle was a steward)....and now we work all of 10 feet from each other in the MCA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.