Hileni Zabbur and Saiide Barbara

Gianni Yrois

Aug 17, 2011
Munich
Hello my name is Gianni

can someone tell me more information about Hileni Zabbur and Saiide Barbara. And are there any photos of them or of the bodie # 328 recorvered from the montmagny possibly that of hileni

Thanks =)

Gianni Yrois

Aug 17, 2011
Munich
thank you for your response, its very important for me to know something more of these ladies. I`dont no why but Hileni and Saiide are two so special and mysterious people but did you ever find something on they in your Middle Eastern Research ?

gianni

Apr 27, 2003
Hello Gianni - The below may help a little:

Barbara, Mrs. Kaleem (Catherine). Missing. Syria. Housekeeper. Aged 45 years. Wife of David Barbara. En route to Ottowa, Canada.
(From: Mansion House Titanic Relief Fund Booklet, March 1913).
Case number P. 387. Husband and two children. Grant £37 10s 0d.
Barbara. Miss Soad. Missing. Daughter of above. Aged 18 years.

Note the different interpretation of the name spellings.
I hope its of assistance?

Cheers Brian

Gianni Yrois

Aug 17, 2011
Munich
thank you very much for these info Brian

but I think that saiide was not Mrs. Barbaras daughter then Catherine Barbara was married to David but Mrs. Assaf the only survivor of the Titanic passengers from Kafr Mishki said that she was travelling with Sacadah (Maybe she mentioned Saiide) daughter of Khalil al Basha

can there be a error in the Mansion House Titanic Relief Fund Booklet or is the interview Mrs. Assaf wrong ?

Apr 27, 2003
Hello Gianni - All very confusing I agree.
All I can say is that the information is correct as printed in the Mansion House Fund Book.
Best of luck in sorting out all the names.
Regards

Brian