Hospital Ship Britannic web site

Jan 5, 2001
Hi Michail,

Thanks for the link. It's nice to see the article. One thing, though; the 'turbine rotor' photo is the recirpcoating engines in April 1914.

Best regards,

Mark.

Jan 14, 2001
Hi Mark,

I was misled by a typo in "Last Titan".It also seemed strange to me,because the object in the photo above right (in page 24) looks more like a rotor to me but the caption describes it as "pieces of machinery".

I'll fix it now.Thanks for the observation.

Best regards,
Michail

Jan 14, 2001
Hello,

Mark and Remco are back with two new articles regarding the third class areas on RMS Britannic.Enjoy them at the usual address:

www.hospitalshipbritannic.com
("RMS Britannic" section)

Best regards,
Michail

PS:You can also see the cover of S.Mills' new book under the main menu.

Apr 22, 2012
Very interesting, Michail! Mill's new book sounds like a good read. I wonder when that big documentary that he says is being planned will hit the air?

Remco Hillen

Jan 6, 2001
Hello Brandon,

My guess would be that the new documentary will hit the air some time after the new expedition he talks about is finished. So it could take a while...

Regards,
Remco

Jan 14, 2001
Hello,

The new documentary will be filmed DURING the new expedtion.My guess is that we'll have to wait a couple of years to see it on the air.

Regards,
Michail

Remco Hillen

Jan 6, 2001
Hello,

Thank you for the compliment, it's nice to hear the artical turned out well.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas/suggestions for possible new articles? I always find it hard to think of something, or I don't know if the thing I thought of is interesting to others...
happy.gif

Of course I can't garantee that an artical will appear, but it's always worth a shot..!

Regards,
Remco

Apr 22, 2012
How about an article on some of the features that would have been installed on Britannic had she lived to become a passenger ship? A good example of this was the pipe organ that would have been at the base of the grand staircase. It's been said that the third sister would have been more luxurious than Titanic, so maybe you could describe how and why it would. Does an article like this all ready exist, or is there enough information to do one like this? I think it would be interesting.

Nigel Bryant

Aug 1, 2010
Wellington, New Zealand
Remco,

Maybe look at some improvements with other rooms, like the first-class Smoking Room on Deck A. With the drawen illustrations to go with it and maybe some speculations on why the decor was changed from the previous Olympics.

Another idea that was radically changed both from the Olympic & Titanic on Britannic was the new enlarged Reception Room for the a La Carte Resturant on B Deck. (If theres info about it)

Also maybe some work on the barber shops, a woman's hairdressing salon, the first ever on a Olympic-class ship (besides Olympic which was added later)

I always been interested with the 1st-class Dining Saloon on the Olympics. Maybe if there is information about Britannic's Saloon how about a write up about that room?

The largest room afloat and a hight of the social ocassion when dining aboard, especially on the most luxurious ship of all of the Olympics. Maybe some information about increased seating capcity (if there was any)? I think there was less though, becuase of the reduced staterooms on B- deck though.

Maybe also some information about Britannic's new enclosed promenade on Deck B. Why it was installed and maybe some stats about the new type of windows? Some pros on why this deckspace was added to Britannic.

Even if some articles are quite short, it would be a great resource on what the R.M.S Britannic would have looked like.

Lastly maybe some nice photographs of your R.M.S Britannic model on the page, it is looking awesome. I have just seen the updates on the Debris Feild site and it is looking wicked. Maybe once you have finished your model you could use some of the photos with some exterior reports. Some nice colourful photographs of it would show what the Britannic would look like in passenger service.

I hope these suggestions are helpful and keep up the great work. Good luck for you and Mark's future articles.

All the best,

Nigel

Remco Hillen

Jan 6, 2001
Hello,

Thanks for the suggestions, we'll see what we can do.
happy.gif

As for the idea of using pictures from my model in the RMS Britannic section on hospitalshipbritannic.com, we have been talking about that.
We'll be adding pictures when the model is finished yes, no idea when that will be.
There is still quite a lot to be done on the model..

Regards,
Remco

Jan 5, 2001
Hi,

As Remco said, thanks for the ideas Brandon and Nigel. Unfortunately, the first half of 2003 will be very hectic for me -- a driving test; re-takes and other exams from spring to summer; parties; proofing, and writing.

I'd love to do more articles. In the main part, info. is the problem -- i.e. the enlarged á la Carte restaurant and reception room. We have artists' impressions of their styles, but that's it, really; and interior designs can change. All I could really do is state the information we have for Olympic/Titanic's, before saying Britannic's were bigger or in a different style. There is evidence of a number of relatively late changes to the design.

The forward bridge deck promenade would make a good base for an article. Also, the smoke room idea appeals.

Best regards,

Mark.

Sally Butler

Mar 28, 2003
Great articles. (as usual Remco & Mark)
Been a bit of a Britannic fan for a while. Thought I would sign up and make the occasional contribution.

Jan 5, 2001
Hi Sally!

Thanks for the compliment, it's nice to see when your work's appreciated. Welcome to ET.

There's a big article on it's way soon.

Best regards,

Mark.