How did the Swimming Pool flood?

Charles

May 30, 1999
USA
Hi, I was watching a live action documentary (somewhat inaccurate) called "What Sank Titanic?" that included the stories of Captain Edward Smith, Bruce Ismay, Thomas Andrews, Fredrick Barrett, Jack Thayer, Milton Long, the Baxters, Bertha Maine, a Steerage family, and an inspector.

About regarding the pool, they said it was the only room at the bow not flooded was the Swimming Pool. Can anyone tell me by this if the pool flooded?

WARNING- The Steerage Irish woman didn't wake up in the D Deck bathtubs after the collision (as the documentary notes).

Mar 18, 2008
Germany
Hi, I was watching a live action documentary (somewhat inaccurate) called "What Sank Titanic?" .

One of the worst ever! Full of mistakes and made up stuff.
Miss Dowdell did had bath but that was several hours before the collision (at that time she was in her bunk).

The swimming pool sure flooded (at last when the water was on E Deck) as it was not a "watertight" room.

Charles

May 30, 1999
USA
I checked to see what "Inside the Titanic" was and that is exactly what "What Sank Titanic" is. And yes.... horrible film...

As for Ioannis, thanks for the pool information and the info on Elizabeth Dowdell.

Now that we brought up this conversation, I want to point out other mistakes.

1) They didn't use the Grand Staircase, but a simple stairway for first class

2) C Deck couldn't have been flooding at 1 Am (if so, the ship would've been long gone by 1:25-1:30)

3) Bertha Maine was never saved by Quig Baxter nor even trapped in her cabin

4) Elizabeth Dowdell never almost drowned looking for Virginia

The stories closest to accurate are Fredrick Barrett's and Jack Thayer's.

Mar 22, 2003
Chicago, IL, USA
www.titanicology.com
>>how people come up with this stuff?<<

Easy. It's called trying to exploit something that is of interest to the public to make a profit. Wasn't the first, and wouldn't be the last to do so. Problem of course is that many people believe anything they read or see. It's also how most politicians get elected.

Mar 18, 2008
Germany
One thing they got right was the stop order and the 3 bladed centre prop (which on the other hand could be done by "mistake"). Everything else was exaggerated and made up. Thayer was also wrong, he did not share a cabin with his parents, nor did he went to the forward well deck (why going stairs down to get there????) Barrett honestly can not remember. Same made up stuff was done in "Heroes of the Titanic" with a total psycho Barrett!

Mar 18, 2008
Germany
It's called trying to exploit something that is of interest to the public to make a profit. Wasn't the first, and wouldn't be the last to do so. Problem of course is that many people believe anything they read or see.

As with the nonsense shown in the History Documentary "Achilles Heel" & "Missing Pieces". Nearly everybody is repeating stuff from that show as a fact which in several cases was made up.