How did you spend Titanic's 90th Anniver

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kayla Richards

On Saturday April 13th I went to the Titanic Exhibit in Phoenix. It was amazing to stand next to a piece of the hull and touch it. I was in another world! And when I saw the re-creation of the Grand Stair case It was just like I always dreamed it to be. I know it sounds funny but for a minute I felt like I was on the Titanic. lol.
And I cant imagain the pain those passangers and crew must have been in when they hit the water. I could only hold my hand on the wall of ice for 1 min. and the water that night was colder then the 28 degree ice wall. That was a real awakining.

L

lisagay harrod

Kayla,

I saw the exhibit last year in KC, MO. Not all of the artifacts were there, ie: the hull or re-creation of the Grand Staircase, but like you, the huge chunk of ice moved me immeasureably. It was a reality check for sure! Those in the water that night were dead before they knew they were dying! Very sobering, indeed.

Also on display was a small instrument akin to a flute, Irish in origin I think, that for some reason moved me to tears. That one little object just spoke volumes to me...such is the experience of the Titanic, huh?

Regards,
Lisa Harrod

Status
Not open for further replies.