How do I find authentic Titanic artifacts to buy?

Nov 14, 2005
anyone know where i can find artifacts for a decent price?
Well if they are authentic Titanic artifacts you are going to have to open your wallet pretty wide. Decent price is pretty subjective. But be aware there are a lot of fake stuff being peddled out there. Good luck in your quest.

I have read somewhere (I think it is the Titanic Society you should go to their web site) that it is forbidden to sell those. The only thing you could have is coal. This is the only things that are allow. All the rest could be against the Law. I think that this is written also on the judgement that the US Court had decided over Titanic's stuff on the proceedings for the wreck in 2005, if my recollection is right. If I found the source I will paste it here.

Nov 14, 2005
I have read somewhere (I think it is the Titanic Society you should go to their web site) that it is forbidden to sell those. The only thing you could have is coal. This is the only things that are allow. All the rest could be against the Law. I think that this is written also on the judgement that the US Court had decided over Titanic's stuff on the proceedings for the wreck in 2005, if my recollection is right. If I found the source I will paste it here.
Yes if they were salvaged from the wreck site. There are other Titanic artifacts that were not salvaged...like the menu's, Hartley's violin ect ect that were not recovered from the wreck site. Many have been bought and sold over the years. Most are pretty expensive stuff sold at auctions. But like I said before...be wary..lots of fake/counterfeit stuff out there.