How do I watch my old threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
On several occasions I couldn't track down one of my older threads- which is why I sometimes start up an new thread repeating the theme of the first thread- much to the annoyance of the moderators-Who always seem to be able to find the 1st thread that remained hidden from my eyes...
Is there a quickfire way to watch & keep track of all of the threads i have started?

That's a good question Tarn and a mistake I could see myself doing as well. You might want to check in formatting your posts section. But I bet you all ready thought of that.

Jason D. Tiller

Hi Tarn,

You can subscribe to the e-mail notifications for the certain threads, that you wish to watch. As well, you can subscribe to additional notifications by e-mail that will contain your posts and replies to your posts.

Just log into your profile at the top of the page, by clicking on "My Account" and then click on "Edit my profile" in the drop down list. You then can choose the specific topics and/or threads that you wish to receive by e-mail.

Hope that helps.

Mark Baber

Is there a quickfire way to watch & keep track of all of the threads i have started?

Jason's suggestion works fine for keeping abreast of still-active threads, but won't help much in terms of locating long-dormant ones like the ones you're referring to, Tarn, unless you keep copies of all the emails indefinitely.

The best way to locate a thread you know you've started, although it will bring up a lot of info, is to use the search function at the top of the page and then search for your own name as author. This will bring up all your messages, sorted by thread, and from there a skim of the thread topics may diclsose an earlier thread you started on the same subject.

You can also check the index of the particular topic, and then subtopic, for similarly-named threads; this will show all such threads, and not only the ones you've started.

Status
Not open for further replies.