How do you get a copy of the Titanic British Enquiry

J

Jemma Hyder

Katherine,

You can go to www.pro.gov.uk and order one for approx £90. Its the complete version and is bound nicely in blue
happy.gif

Hope this helps

Jemma

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
The Titanic Inquiry Project is about as complete as they come, and it doesn't cost you an arm, a leg, and your first born child. However, there are advantages to having the written copies as well. Like when you can't get near a computer for some reason. You might try going through the PRO, to which a link has been provided above...or you can go to amazon.com. The last time I looked, they were still offering it.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
Thanks to Rob Ottmers and friends, the texts on his site are now more accurate than the original transcripts. I alone have found a number of printing errors that Rob has fixed and no doubt many others have helped also. There are a number of instances where it appears that the printer found an error in a line of type. A new line was made and put into the right place but somehow the old, faulty line got put back into the page in any old place, reducing the text to gibberish.

One text that is really bad is the searchable text on the PRO CD. It appears to have been made by scanning and it's full of errors.

Go for Rob's text files and search them with your favourite word processor.

Dec 2, 2000
I love the online for its searchability (is that a word?) anyway, it is great. I think that the work that has gone into this project is tremendous.

But I also agree with Michael Standart that having a printed copy is also great.

I have a copy of the American Inquiry and use both the printed version and the online. And wish that I had a printed version of the British Enquiry as well and will attempt to get one someday.