How I Think Titanic Sank 3D Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2007
quote:

Some would quibble with the cracking like an egg, though.
Not me! I thought it was neat! Good work, Aaron!
happy.gif

Jun 10, 1999
Three cheers!!! Excellent job Aaron.
BTW, thanks for rendering the mainmast navigational light...;-)

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

May 27, 2007
Hi Jeremy,

I didn't think you were. I know what you were saying! I was just saying I thought the animation was great which it is! Egg like cracks and all!

Z

Zack Wyatt

It would also agree with Walter Lord's description of the sinking in his book!

Luke Owens

Jan 18, 2007
Who were the red-headed woman and blond boy hanging on to the stern? <g>

Seriously, I thought this was great and it included something I hadn't thought about before: the bow lost power immediately after the breakup, while the stern kept power for a while longer. Makes great sense, actually, and I wonder why I've never heard it mentioned before.

Luke

Luke Owens

Jan 18, 2007
Maybe, but the wiring had definitely been broken to the bow section. There is no way the power to the bow could have been maintained after the breakup.

Luke

Dieter Klimow

Sep 24, 2006
Regarding the lighting situation during and after the break up, think about the steam pipes connecting the generators to the boiler rooms and their respective locations.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>However I dont know how the terrible noises before the breakup correspond with the low angle break.<<

Symptoms of the breakup already being underway. What was seen was the dramatic finale, but it didn't just happen out of the clear blue air. A frame giving up the ghost here, excessive strain on other structural members there, it all adds up. In the end, it doesn't matter that the final break happened at a low or a high angle. What matters is that it happened and breakups are noisy events.

Status
Not open for further replies.