How Lucy Downie and Harold meet a strange story

C

Cristina Sasse

Hi there!
I found a very strange story how Lucy and Harold meet somewhere in the web. The story says that Lucy collected every newspaper article about Harold(after the disaster). Some day( september 1912) they meet in London.
I don't know if this is correct. Can anyone help me?
Love,
Crissy

Jun 18, 2007
ACK!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!

Sorry, but that story is NOT true. Not in the least. What you read comes from a website of a young woman who claims to be the "reincarnated" wife of Harold Bride. She's stirred up enough trouble in Titanic circles before, in particular with a diary supposedly written by Cyril Evans, the wireless operator from the Californian. It was not written by him, but came whole cloth from her own imagination.

So, I'm afraid any lovey-dovey stories of Harold meeting his wife are not to be taken seriously...unless you see a story posted from one of the researchers here...like Jemma Hyder, who has done a ton of work on the wireless operators.

C

Cristina Sasse

Thanks!
Yes, this website seemed very strange to me! I believed this story in the beginning. But I wasn't so sure because there were so MUCH information about Harold's and Lucy's emotions and so on! I remember this woman said also that she is reincarnated Bruce Ismay and some other persons! Very strange!
Cheers,
Crissy
happy.gif