How many items can be uniquely tied in with specific people

Paul Lee

Aug 11, 2003
I am wondering how many items, either recovered from, or seen in the debris field, can be identified with specific people. We have Peuchen's wallet, Saalfeld's perfume, Haisman's pocketwatch and Beckwith's (??) watch (??), Steward Broome's white coat etc. How many others are there?

Cheers

Paul

Paul Lee

Aug 11, 2003
I've found two more: Miss Meanwell's bag and a letter from Mr.Rosenshine. It seems funny how many things recovered from the wreck can be linked to people on board....

Cheers

Paul

Eric Paddon

Jun 4, 2002
Papers have been found belonging to Franz Pulbaum, and Lawrence Beesley's receipt left with the purser number 208 (we know this thanks to his recalling his number in his book).

Feb 14, 2011
Like you mentioned, we have Arthur Peuchen's buisness card,plus Lawrence Beesley's purser stub, Athol Broome's steward jacket (with his name still handwritten on collar), Howard Irwin and Henry Sutehall's items, etc, etc..

I belive in 2000 they recovered a smoking pipe believed to have belonged to one of the officers.

regards

Tarn Stephanos

Dec 31, 2003
Hampstead, London
"I thought of my dolly back there in the water with nobody to mind it and keep it from getting wet". The fine doll's head first seen in the debris field is most likely to have been little Marjorie (Madge) Collyer's.