How many TItanic books do you have?

Arun Vajpey

Arun Vajpey

haven't heard of that one
I had not either, till earlier today. Apparently. William Russo is a bit of a recluse, does not publicize his work much and writes only to a select readership. To me, that makes it even more interesting, but the primary reason is that the Whites are my favourite passengers on the Titanic.

There is an interesting article here on ET about them. The highest example life can furnish

A

Alexis Faust

I have over a hundred books and magazines, plus newspaper articals

M.A.S.

M.A.S.

3rd class
I own one: A TITANIC HERO: THOMAS BYLES by Cady Crosby (2012). My mom gifted it to me right now --instead of waiting for Christmas or my birthday-- because she sees that I'm checking out every Titanic library book I can get my hands on. (The thing is, they limit ya to 25 at a time!;)) I have been focusing on books for young readers to start with, but when I get through these I may move on to the others. I wanted to own the Byles one because I have a special devotion to that figure (and they didn't have a copy at the library). I wrote a poem about him after reading Nearer My God to Thee: Story of the Wreck of the Titanic -- the Ocean's Greatest Disaster (Memorial Edition, 1912). Oh yeah, I have that one too, but it was my grandpa's. (I mention that in the poem... Take a sentimental journey with me)

M.A.S.

M.A.S.

3rd class
I had not either, till earlier today. Apparently. William Russo is a bit of a recluse, does not publicize his work much and writes only to a select readership. To me, that makes it even more interesting, but the primary reason is that the Whites are my favourite passengers on the Titanic.

There is an interesting article here on ET about them. The highest example life can furnish
I had never heard of that family. I got this twilight-zone feeling looking at their photos, as if they are alive now? Weird huh.

Arun Vajpey

Arun Vajpey

Well, Percival and Richard White died in the sinking but they had relatives and so there are bound to be some contemporary descendants. I haven't got access to that book now, but will do when I return to India on 1st November. It is an interesting book and the father and son on board the Titanic come across as people somehow ahead of their times.

I got this twilight-zone feeling looking at their photos
Not sure what you mean, but yes, certain photos of Percval Weyland White do give the strange feeling that he's a contemporary man - especially the rather smudged Courier News picture on his ET bio here.