How many women died

K

Kevin Zeniel Perez

Well? Besides that, how many were on the stern? I mean, I doubt that a handful of them would be on that part of the ship, wouldn't they most likely to fall? They were ALL wearing long dresses and skirts. Your thoughts?

T

Trent Pheifer

Hey Kevin,

The only information I could find was that 157-59 women AND children died in the disaster. I am sure someone else can give you an exact number of just women. As for the women on the stern. It seems that it would be sort of hard to gauge how many women were on the stern, since many of those that were there died in the sinking. I know Rosa Abbott made it off the stern. I have not really heard of many account were women were on the stern. You are most likely right that they had a harder time on the stern once there. Also the fact that there was almost 9 times as many men still on the ship when she sank, so they would not have been as prevalent. Hope that helps a bit.

-Trent

K

Kevin Zeniel Perez

Thanks. However, I was asking if there were any women on the stern when the ship sank. Did any of the people who lived through the actual sinking saw any?. I also know most of them were inside the ship with their families