How Titanic got me back to theaterOne mans views

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steve b

Back when Titanic was first released, at the age of 32 i was a very jaded movie goer. I hadnt been to the theater in 4 years, and that is mainly because i was quite frankly getting tired of A) violence in movies and B) having every historical film making a complete mockery of its subjects with shoddy facts and poor attention to detail. I quite frankly, after hearing that Titanic was going to be made by the director of Terminator (which i liked, but again it excessed on violence), i decided to bypass it t the theater.Brother what a mistake that was!! One night while at a friends place the film appeared on HBO and upon learning i hadnever seen it, these friends had me watch the film. Well what i saw presented before me was a beautiful and gentle love story, a loving tribute to the ship itself and a good and mostly accurate detailed account of its eventual end. I could kick myself now for having bypassed this gentle gem of a movie at the theater, where it is truly meant to be viewed. There are so many subtle things that are so well done they are too numerous to mention. But Kate Winslett put on the performance of her career. And the most beautiful after affect i seen was a big renewed interest in the story. And i know a lot of people did not like the Jack and Rose aspect of the story, but i found it quite refreshing. Its something that is so sadly missing from todays movies. In some small way i feel the film helped to show the human side of the passengers in a way that other film havent been able to do..Ill have more to say about different apsects of the film if the discussion merits it, but for now ill stop rambling and leyou all rip my thoughts to shreds lol..God bless all

Status
Not open for further replies.