Hugh Joseph Fitzpatrick

Mar 30, 2010
Mr. Fitzpatrick was married to my great-grandmother at the time he died. He was not my great-grandfather, but had his death not occurred, I certainly would not have been born. His wife re-married some time after the sinking. I have always thought it sadly interesting that my existence is based, in part, on the fact that this tragedy occurred at all.

Danquigley

Jun 14, 2011
Mistake: Rose married Joe Quigley and family (Joe, Dan, Margaret, Maura, Paul, Brian, Denis, and Eugene) left Belfast for Melbourne on 22 November 1949 (travelling on the SS Cheshire) two additional children (Bernadette and Gerard) were born in Australia.This information is from Dan Quigley

BernCoyle

Aug 8, 2013
When the Titanic tragically went down, my great grandfather Hugh Fitzpatrick left his wife behind who was pregnant with my Nana, Rose Fitzpatrick, who was born 6 months after the sinking. Rose had 10 children, one of which was my mum, Maura. Maura had 9 children, I am one of them. My sister Gabrielle had 4 children, one of those beautiful children's name is Hugh Fitzpatrick Paul Collis. R.I.P Hugh with your loved ones. You are never forgotten, we love you and THANK YOU xx

Jan 19, 2020
Brendan your great granny is my granny and your great grandda is my grandda (Mary & George Doyle) which would make me your auntie I think. Both deceased before I was born. The only Brendan I know of was a cousin, son of my aunt Mary Doyle who married Johnny Schultz (not sure of name) and went to live in USA. Brendan had a younger sister Joan. Can you tell me a bit more about your family?