Hull & Bollard Fragments being sold.

Apologies if there is a previous related thread - I could not find one.

Recently, I ordered a collection that included a fragment of one of Titanic's bollards and a hull fragment. The site I ordered it off of is called White Star Lines (White Star Lines | Titanic Gifts, Merchandise, Memorabilia, Artefacts) and the collection is part of "The Legacy Collection". Comes with signed COA.

As this is my first time ordering such a thing, my question is - is this legitimate? Are such fragments really sold, or am I being taken for a fool? I know there are plenty of fakes, unfortunately.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: 1 user

James Scott

Apr 14, 2020
I know John White. He's highly respected and displays White Star Line artefacts around the world. Also the helped so save the SS Nomadic, the last White Star ship afloat.

He only sells real WSL items and not fakes. There are many good sellers out there but you have to be careful with some.

I also deal in real WSL items. If you want to have a look a link to my eBay page is below.

James Scott

Apr 14, 2020
I personally don't own any for sale but there not cheap. John White sells some for £250. I don't know how much that is in the US through.

James Scott

Apr 14, 2020
For £20 a good thing to start collecting is postcards. There plentiful and were sold in WHL offices and ships.

Unfortanlly WSL and Titanic items are expensive in their nature. Other shipping lines including Cunard and Red Star Line is much cheaper.

In fact Red Star Line was part of the IMM and sued the same silverware and china as W