I can't post a picture

Casey thrower

Feb 20, 2006
I have an oversize picture and it won't let me post it. How do I fix this and exactly how big is 35 kilobytes?

[Moderator's Note: This post has been moved from "Titanic Art., etc.," where it was originally posted. MAB]

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
Casey, you need software like Paintshop or Photoshop to reduce the size of the photo. There may be other software, maybe even something free.

35kb is not a lot. Even a basic digital camera makes files that may be 1 megabyte or more. You'll have to make the photo a few inches across.

It's possible to place big pictures on your own web site, if you have one. Then put a link to the photo. Here's one of mine. It's only a bit over the limit.

http://users.senet.com.au/~gittins/furnessletter.html

I'm told there are online services than can store your photos if you have no site, but I don't know the details.

david wilson

Feb 17, 2004
I have been trying to post several photos of a 150,000t ore carrier riding out tropical cyclone "george" off dampier WA.Apparently I can't upload more than 35k,any suggestions,anybody.These are awesome.
seven degrees west.
regards.
dw.

B

Britt Allis

Posting Pics & Images i have not suceeded,I know how too,the ET forum is not allowing it,why?

[Moderator's note: This message, posted in an unrelated thread in this topic, has been moved to the pre-existing one discussing the same subject. JDT]