Ian Huntly

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian huntly

Apr 25, 2005
Hello, I was advised by Nancy Bratby to come and say hello to this site...I have also been a member of both BTS and THS for a number of years.

I heard the sing-song from my room just through the double doors and was, er, impressed (Is that the word) but could not always make out the words !

So it might be in Belfast next year,,.....

Why not Cobh ??

see www.beentheredunnit.com
and click on Titanic Conventions

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
G'day Ian and welcome aboard - good to see another BTS and THS member here.

Cobh would be gorgeous (Cobh is always gorgeous, IMHO!) - but perhaps the idea is to keep it within Britain/Northern Ireland? I'd be happy with Belfast or Cobh!

ian huntly

Apr 25, 2005
Thanks, you very nice people, I will be pleased to communicate with similarly-minded members.

I remember Inges' lecture a couple or so years back...

We missed the usual mix of talks and need a fuller programme for next year.

But how does one define a Convention ? It is to remember, to commemorate, to meet, to learn...

Your comments please

Nancy Bratby

Apr 18, 2005
Hello Ian and welcome!

There are more pubs in Belfast than Cobh. Very important point to consider when planning Conventions. LOL.

ian huntly

Apr 25, 2005
Ah but the food and drink are better in Cobh---I know this coaching stop on the Killarney road....MMMmmm ! You'd go nowhere else, sure enough !!

Anyhow, everyone, I'll calm down now and start contributing

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
Geoff and I were discussing the possibility of giving another talk this year, but unfortunately I couldn't make it. I think the BTS Conventions usually get mix of lectures (and types of speakers), sales, ceremonies, and time to meet and greet pretty right. Although we often wound up holed up in the Hilton - with groups going out on their own forays (be they food or frolic orientated), a big highlight for me was always just sitting in big, comfortable chairs and catching up with mates from all over the mate, and meeting new people.

Nancy, you're quite right that the pub-to-person ratio is very important. And Ian...the only thing I could grizzle about in terms of Cobh's food and drink was the money shelled out for a bottle of Oz champagnoise (but who goes to Ireland to drink Australian wines...? Serve me right for not sticking to Guinness).

Nancy Bratby

Apr 18, 2005
The first night on my first visit to Belfast I was dancing til 3am. Must be something good about the place
happy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.