Idea's for a report

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trent Pheifer

Hey everyone,

OK, I am going to start a 7-10 page report for my AP English class final exam. I was just wondering if anyone had any starter ideas, for a good report. I cannot do one on Ruth Becker or the science of the wreck because I already did large reports on them. So far I have come up with the construction of Titanic, or the design of Titanic's rooms. My teacher just told us about it today....to bad she did not tell us a lot earlier, I would have loved to do an in depth research paper and then post it on the boards. But I am under a time constraints. I was thinking of doing it on a not so well know survivor, but again I don't have the time for the research. Any idea's? Possibly RMS Titanic Inc. court battle, the lifeboats, or the sinking in general. Is there anything someone would like to see a paper on, considering I don't have large outlets for research. Maybe I will stray a little bit, and write about Lusitania survivor Barbara McDermott. Or maybe a paper on the history of Titanic researchers, which may be to broad...but I would have a lot of people to interview! There are so many possibilities, I just don't want to do a substandard report . Sorry for babbling on for so long. Just wanted to feel around, maybe get some idea's from you guys! If not typing this all out got my wheels turning for ideas! Thanks!

-Trent

Tracy Smith

Nov 5, 2000
South Carolina USA
How about an article about hypothermia as it relates to those who survived after being immersed in the water, and compared to the majority who did not survive and succumbed to hypothermia?

May 8, 2001
Well... The idea about Barbara McDermott is nice. There is a very well done web site on her, by Shelly. You could get allot of help there.

The DNA test and final conclusion to who the missing child is. If needed, you could check and see comments made by many of us on how we felt about the findings.

I think you have a good idea about the history and interest of the researchers. The people behind the scene.

With James Cameron's movie hitting the big screen again, you have possibilities abound there.

Passengers or crew that ended up in the Ohio area. If you are lucky, there is a picture on their bio page that will enhance the data you send in.
Hmmm.
Millvina Dean.
Mr & Mrs Isadore Strauss.

Had enough???
smile.gif

T

Trent Pheifer

Tracy and Colleen,

Thank you so much for your helpful ideas. They are great, I think tomorrow I will take all of them I have so far, and see which one my teacher thinks would be the best. Thanks again!

-Trent

May 8, 2001
Let me know which one you picked, and if I know of a few books or web sites that could help, I'll be glad to point you in that direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.