If you could save just ONE Titanic victim....

Arun Vajpey

Apr 21, 2009
All other events being exactly the same, if you had the capacity to save just ONE Titanic victim, who would that be and why? Can be passenger or crew.

Oddly enough, my own choice would be Michel Navratil. I am fascinated by the Navratil children's story and cannot help wishing that their father had taken them to America for a new life. I don't know why.

All other events being exactly the same, if you had the capacity to save just ONE Titanic victim, who would that be and why? Can be passenger or crew.

Oddly enough, my own choice would be Michel Navratil. I am fascinated by the Navratil children's story and cannot help wishing that their father had taken them to America for a new life. I don't know why.
If I should have the possibility to save one person, that would be William M. Murdoch. He fascinated me since I have learned about him and the central part he played in the Titanic's catastrophe. And I would have save him to tell him that he is not responsible for the catastrophe and he has not to feel guilty for it. He had just did what he has been told to do in the same circumstances at the Maritime school.

Feb 9, 2008
ANYWHERE-BUT-HERE
An Engineer not necessarily the Chief but a 2nd or 3rd even a Junior Engineer. I have my own feelings of being so far below the water line, you just don't think about it but knowing you are going down and almost certainly to die not sure I'd have that amount of courage to stay until the end.

Logan H

Dec 4, 2018
(I know this is 3 years late, but still)
I would have saved William Murdoch, because of his important, brave role in the evacuation as the ship was sinking. I would be interested to know what his testimony would be at the Senate Inquiry.
Getting slightly out of topic here, and probably making this question more difficult, what if you had to SACRIFICE one of the survivors so that the victim you chose would live? My opinion may surprise you, but I would have sacrificed quartermaster Robert Hichens in exchange for saving Murdoch. Hichens screamed at the passengers, refused to go back to save the other passengers still on the ship, and even refused to go to the Carpathia, saying that they were only picking up the floating corpses.

Arun Vajpey

Apr 21, 2009
Getting slightly out of topic here, and probably making this question more difficult, what if you had to SACRIFICE one of the survivors so that the victim you chose would live? .
That would have been a simple choice for me. Murdoch for Lightoller.