Images of Carpathia Wreck

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
I had a look round the Internet without much luck. Right from the start, Clive Cussler and associates have kept their stuff to themselves, as they are perfectly entitled to do. It's their books and TV shows that pay the bills.

J

Joseph Kendrick

Hi
I know that the Carpathia was torpedoed in 1918 and in 2000 it was found upright but are there pictures of the wreck??

Joe

Jeremy Lee

Jun 12, 2003
Not sure, but in Clive Cussler's book The Sea Hunters II, there is a sea scan of the wreck.

David marbeck

Aug 22, 2004
I would love to see what the good old carpathia looks like today. I too have searched the internet looking for any Glimpse of the wreck. I did not have much luck. Except on the website of the diving company who offers you a different videos to download of the wreck. I didnt have a chance to look at them so i am really unsure what they are about.

Edited to remove text - JDT

Robert Berg

Jan 2, 2005
Does anyone know of any pics of the Carpathia since its discovery? I'm curious to see what condition she is in after all these years.

R

Ryan Matthew DePesa

WOW THOSE VIDEOS ARE GREAT!! thanks!
Does anybody know how deep the water is there - it looked pretty dark!

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
Ryan, no such luck. The last time I looked at Cussler's site the Carpathia pictures were not there, or didn't work. At some stage, somebody has put them up. Perhaps Cussler has now made the money I mentioned earlier. As I mentioned, film makers and authors can't be expected to put too many freebies on the web.

I only found them via the Brazilian site Bob found. Even Google doesn't find everything.

The water is something over 500 feet deep. The exact figure is on Cussler's site somewhere.

Kyle Hauser

Sep 26, 2005
*Does anybody know how deep the water is there - it looked pretty dark!*

The water is 160 Meters and the Carpathia is upside-down.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
For whatever it's worth, "Carpathia, In Titanic's Shadow" is appearing on the National Geographic Channel today as 12noon Eastern Time. The nice thing about having DVR is that I can record and watch it at my leisure. If you miss it today, keep an eye on the schedule. Since it's out there now, it will turn up again eventually.

Mike Poirier

Dec 31, 2004
Oh wow... Is this new? I just recently attended PH Nargeolet's lecture on the wreck of the Carpathia and the images were fantastic.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Oh wow... Is this new?<<

Kind of. The show is new, the discovery really isn't. I still need to review it in detail but some things caught my attention. I was really unimpressed with the way the Samson legend was uncritically repeated in the show as if it were a fact. It's been discredited for years but they ran with it.