IMAX film Titanica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parks. Steve has items up for sale on ebay, and it is the EXACT cobalt replica I wanted. Oh ya' it's mine now!!!!
I didn't realize that you lived in Southern California. IF you ever are in the area when we have the Queen Mary get together, it would be nice to meet you!
Sincerely.
Colleen

Parks. He asked me to pass on a hello to you as well. Thank you for the lead. I will never own an original, but will ever so proudly display these in my home!
Sincerely.
Colleen

Colleen,

Sorry for not answering. I don't have time to check all the threads, and this one way down at the bottom escaped my attention until just now. I'm glad you got in touch with Steve...he's a great guy and as you can probably tell, he spares no effort in making a quality reproduction. I have at least one of everything he's produced.

Parks

Although it has been a few years since this thread has had any posts added to it I wanted to send out an update on Titanica in IMAX. It is currently playing in Dallas at the IMAX theater in Fair Park. If you are within driving distance to Dallas or plan to visit anytime soon, you may want take in the film. If you have only seen it on the small screen it is a treat to experience it in a large format theater. The Dallas IMAX features a seventy nine foot dome screen. It is the shorter (40 min.) version and the print is old and beginning to shed a bit which occasionally produces spots of dust projected on the screen. But otherwise the print is in good shape. It will be playing through the end of May, 2005.

Just stumbled onto this via a google search.
Alive and now in Palm Springs, CA. Collection still mainly intact plus piles more. Have added zeppelins as another interest. Sometimes put a few things up on eBay if the price and buyer are right. My thanks for the many comments which are most kind. Indeed, in Canada filming had to come up with a Capt Smith uniform (never got one then or now) and was nice to not allow the dresser to have her use a band leader with all the chest pipping, which really would have been over the top! In London, the cost to make one at Angels would have been around $4500 in 1991. For the record (a funny moment) when we were filming the cabin scene (on a freighter docked in Canada), when I said, "I need to get the WSL emblem for the hat and then would be just like Captain Smith." Steven Low (director) said, Cut" and then . . . "yes, dead." Very funny moment. Also, when Lev took the green carpet, he started to comb his heavy beard with it and I saw strands of the carpet sticking out from his beard. I leaned over and started to try to pick them out and then stopped, thinking, "No, that would really be too silly!" Great memory of one of the funnier moments. Thanks (at least when this was first posted) for not wishing I were dead with the rest of some of the Titanic expedition originals. Others maybe would have different feelings as time goes by. Yes, was cut from the second film. I signed the contract to only be in one version. Was never contacted for the shorter 45 minute one reeler that did not allow much storyline time to develop anyway. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.