IMM Ship's Rules and Uniform Regulations

Jason Loch

May 16, 2017
Hello,

I've come across several references to the 'Ship's Rules and Uniform Regulations' issued by IMM. I'd like to read this document in its entirety, but so far I've been unable to find a full version.

Does anybody know where I could find a copy? I'd prefer the 1907 edition that was in force on the Titanic, but if another edition is more readily available, I'd happily accept it.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

-Jason

Doug Criner

Dec 2, 2009
USA
This question has come up before. Reportedly, there is a copy in the New York Public Library, but no other available source has been identified.

Reactions: 1 user

Dave Gittins

Mar 16, 2000
In The Ismay Line, by Wilton Oldham, there is a set of regulations that appear to be undated. It's Appendix A.
From some features in it, I suspect it dates from well before Titanic.

Reactions: 1 user

Jason Loch

May 16, 2017
In The Ismay Line, by Wilton Oldham, there is a set of regulations that appear to be undated. It's Appendix A.
From some features in it, I suspect it dates from well before Titanic.

Thank you, Dave. That was very helpful. There's a Kindle version of the book, so I was able to get my hands on it right away. :)

I found regulation 16 particularly interesting as it suggests that passengers were expected to extinguish their stateroom lights by 11:30 pm. I imagine that rule would have been scrapped by 1912, though.