IMM Vice President Phillip Franklin

C

Crystal Von

quote: (during the sinking)

>>There is no danger that Titanic will sink. The boat is unsinkable and nothing but inconvenience will be suffered by the passengers."
-Phillip Franklin, White Star Line Vice-President<<

quote: (after the sinking)

">>I thought her unsinkable and I based my opinion on the best expert advice."
-Phillip Franklin, White Star Line Vice President<<

These statements were really made by Vice president, Phillip Franklin?

Phillip Franklin had no concern with Titanic even when she was reported to be foundering.
After the sinking,how was Phillip Franklin's reaction to-wards the Olympic that was still sailing in icy waters?
Were there special orders for the Olympic to take it easy until she reach her destination?

Thanking you

CV.

C

Crystal Von

Hello?

Am I the only one that knew WSL vice president's quotes?

No members with history back round on British shipping companies period 1900-1912? I am positive I saw a member's signature that refers him as a shipping line expert.

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Am I the only one that knew WSL vice president's quotes?

"Crystal", Franklin's comments about believing that Titanic was unsinkable are well-known and have been discussed here a number of times in the past; the same is true of the fact that after Titanic sank Olympic continued on her voyage to Southampton.

P.S. Franklin wasn't a vice president of White Star; he was a vice president of IMM.

No members with history back round on British shipping companies period 1900-1912?

Back round?

I am positive I saw a member's signature that refers him as a shipping line expert.

Regardless of whom you're referring to with this impertinent comment, no one is under any obligation to respond to any particular message. That no one responded to your first message during the ten hours between the time you posted it and the time you posted the second one---a relatively short time in message board terms, particularly on a weekend---simply means that anyone who read it did not see fit to respond. Complaining about that and obliquely criticizing people for not responding is generally considered bad form and is not permitted here.

Apr 17, 2012
CV Please note that Philip is spelled with ONE "l " not two as you have it spelled. Also, I can assure you 100% that Mr. Franklin had grave concerns and worries as to the sinking. Furthermore, a fact not thought of by many, Mr. Franklin had many very dear and close friends on the Titanic. Mr. Franklin was most devastated by the catastrophe on many levels. The disaster took a very heavy toll on Mr. Franklin, and often he showed strong emotions of deep sorrow and grief both publicly and more so privately. Attached please find an oil on canvas painting of Philip A.S. Franklin.

Philip A.S. Franklin  - jpeg 6.5MB.jpg

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Philip, you need not concern yourself with "Crystal." That was a fabricated name used by a former member to try to return undetected after being banned.