In Memory

John Clifford

Nov 12, 2000
Here is an article about the anniversary of the FITZGERALD tragedy:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/11/us/11shipwreck.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

The main focus is that the relatives of the victims, while paying tribute to them, feel that it is time to move on; not that the EDMUND FITZGERALD will ever be forgotten by them.

The victims' families are thankful that the Province of Ontario has now declared the wreck site "off-limits" to divers.

From now on, the memorial services will pay tribute to all persons lost while serving on the Great Lakes, not just the men of the EDMUND FITZGERALD.

Jan 21, 2003
Its in the "Drawings of Great Lakes Vessels & Lighthouses" and its the first photo. I've also sailed on the Anderson and there's photos from my trip in "Onboard the Arthur M Anderson" I was only on for a brief time as a fill in Wiper.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
From the Plain Dealer:

Our front page: the missing Edmund Fitzgerald was the top story in The Plain Dealer 34 years ago

quote:

The fate of the Edmund Fitzgerald was still a mystery as The Plain Dealer went to press for the Nov. 11, 1975 edition.
For the rest including a PDF file of the story when it was originally reported on their front page, click here.

Comment: My thanks to Mary Ann Whitley for the link.​