In Nacht und Eis

May 27, 2007
Actually I like the title Into Night And Ice the best.

I looked for it on youtube and it seems they had to take it off because of Copyright Laws. So unless you own an Original Film Print you can't show it. Hopefully it will be released on DVD soon or VHS Tape.
happy.gif
It's seems they have about 9 minutes of it on there now.

May 27, 2007
Name another Silent Movie about the Titanic that came out a year after "In Nacht Und Eis" and was remade in 1929. I also want the country the first version was made in.

Sep 26, 2009
I clicked on the You Tube link I posted above and "In Nacht Und Eis" was still there and would play. You might want to try again.

Atlantis was made in Denmark in 1913 and Atlantic was made in both in English and German version in 1929.

Robert H. Gibbons

Lana Baker

Nov 8, 2008
I suggest requesting "In Nacht und Eis" at the Web site of the U.S. television channel Turner Classic Movies - www.turnerclassicmovies.com . They play silent movies quite often and seem to have access to films from all over the world. TCM appears to care about historically significant films, which this certainly is.

Martin Cooper

Dec 13, 2007
Hi all, Found this poster about Titanic film it may be of interest to someone.
207046.jpg

[Moderator's note: This message, originally posted to a different thread, has been moved to this thread about the same movie. MAB]

Only months after the sinking: an epic 40-minute recreation of the disaster was produced in Germany by 24-year-old Romanian director Mime Misu, entitled "In Nacht und Eis" or "In Night and Ice". It is the earliest surviving Titanic film, which has now been remastered, translated into English and re-released with a new score by Swiss composer Christophe Sturzenegger.

You can view the full film in HD here:

For more information on the making of the film see this article: Titanic's Officers - Articles - "In Night and Ice"

May 3, 2005
Thank you very much . I watched the film in its entirety and found it very interesting.
However I am afraid the more expert Titanic persons on these forums would find much to criticize as far as historic accuracy is concerned and there is much. "emoting" on the part of the actors.

Seumas

Mar 25, 2019
Glasgow, Scotland
I think people will cut the filmmakers a break as regards accuracy. This film went into production only a month or two after the sinking when the facts were still being "pieced together".

The "emoting" from the actors is part and parcel of film-making during this period, even the like of D. W. Griffiths films from the period weren't free from "emoting" It's quickly got used to though.