In Search of Great Uncle Pat Titanic Survivor by John Nolan

George Behe

Dec 11, 1999
Hi, all!

A couple of years ago I had the pleasure of supplying my friend John Nolan with a few historical tidbits about his great-uncle Patrick O'Keefe. I'm delighted to report that John has just published a new book about his great-uncle. It's called "In Search of Great Uncle Pat: Titanic Survivor," and I'm told it is now available at www.publishamerica.com and www.amazon.com.

I hope you'll enjoy the book as much as I intend to.

All my best,

George
P.S. I've been 'accidentally' leaving copies of my Christmas list in strategic locations all over the house (on Pat's chair, on her pillow etc.), and I'm hoping she'll notice that John's book is at the top of the list :)

May 8, 2001
>>>I've been 'accidentally' leaving... in strategic locations all over the house (on Pat's chair, on her pillow etc.)<<<
George, you left yourself wide open for that one. I WAS going to mention something about "age" or "my cat", but I will be nice... Can't say that Cook or Whitfield will be so lenient...
All joking aside, if you assisted with this book, I will be certain to watch for it, and add it to my small collection. Have a great Christmas my friend. Colleen

Kate Bortner

May 17, 2001
I echo Colleen's sentiments: if you've made a contribution it will certainly be worth reading. My small collection grows by the day and if Santa has his head screwed on correctly and my wish list in his hand, Christmas morning should find me curled up like a cat on a couch with a Gellar and a Behe tomes. Wish me luck!!!
PS Here's hoping Mrs. Behe-Claus will also come thru!
-kate.

Kate Bortner

May 17, 2001
I echo Colleen's sentiments: if you've made a contribution it will certainly be worth reading. My small collection grows by the day and if Santa has his head screwed on correctly and my wish list in his hand, Christmas morning should find me curled up like a cat on a couch with a Gellar and a Behe tomes. Wish me luck!!!
PS Here's hoping Mrs. Behe-Claus will also come thru!
-kate.

Dec 31, 2000
Kudos` to you dear friend! And once again, you have inspired a whole new generation of writers! I triple echo you ladies salute!
I look forward to Mr. Nolans` book. Please wish him best success from us at ET George.

Many Blessings,

Beverly

Dec 13, 1999
Sorry George, but you will have to wait for Christmas 2002. Pat has had a particularly nice photograph of me framed and THAT is going to be your present for this Christmas!

Geoff

George Behe

Dec 11, 1999
Hi, Colleen, Kate, Mike and Bev!

Thank you for your kind words, but all I did was provide John with a few tidbits of information about Mr. O'Keefe. However, I will definitely forward your good wishes to John and let him know that he's assured of at least four book sales. :)

All my best,

George

P.S. Bev, could you please write a note to Geoff Whitfield and repeat your comments about what an inspiration I am? Sometimes he forgets. :)

Pat Cook

Apr 26, 2000
Geoff wrote: > Sorry George, but you will have to wait for Christmas 2002. Pat has had a particularly nice photograph of me framed and THAT is going to be your present for this Christmas!<

You must've been VERY bad this year, George!

D

Deleted member 173198

George I've just thought of something. Think of it this way!

You should feel very honoured at having a photograph of Geoff hanging on the lounge wall, because not many of us do. I can just see you now, each morning you get up, you go rushing down to lounge and greet Geoff like a supreme God..."Good morning humble master of the British Titanic Society"!. That will be the greatest inspiration for you yet!

C'mon Unka'Buster don't be shy, you were only told me secretly the other day that you already have THAT photo of Geoff, hanging proudly above your desk wall inside your study.

Yours Spoilt Brat-Andrew!

May 8, 2001
Andrew stated: >>C'mon Unka'Buster don't be shy, you were only told me secretly the other day that you already have THAT photo of Geoff, hanging proudly above your desk wall inside your study.<< What he didn't mention is he uses it as a dartboard!
proud.gif

Colleen

D

Deleted member 173198

He used it as a dartboard Colleen!

Oh heavens......... wait til Geoff hears about that one. All hell will break loss now!

Watch out here com' the shells!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew W.

Dec 12, 1999
Would that picture of Geoff be one of him dressed as Augustus? I've heard the man has delusions of grandeur, but this is getting QUITE out of hand!
happy.gif

Dec 13, 1999
As ever, I'm mortally offended! The photo I sent to Cook is one taken when I weighed in at a mere 400 pounds (before putting on weight!) It was taken using a wide angle lens. The one Pat has for you, young George, is the one of me wearing just a smile! - Be afraid, be VERY afraid!!

Geoff

Dec 13, 1999
Forgot to add - I understand that our esteemed Web Master Philip is going to put a picture of himself on this site for you - dressed in his "Mr Punyverse" outfit! That will pay you all back!!

Geoff

Dec 31, 2000
And George said:

"P.S. Bev, could you please write a note to Geoff Whitfield and repeat your comments about what an inspiration I am? Sometimes he forgets. :) "

Your wish is my honor Messr Behe.
happy.gif

Dearest Mr. Whitfield,

I am told by a very dear mutal friend that your STM and LTM are lacking some ROM and MB hardware. If I may be of some assistance in that area, may I be the 1st to give you an estimate of how inexpensivly we can upgrade you from 32MB to 264MB depending on your pin and slot size(which may be revealed to us by your current photo).

You will be sharp as a tack and as fast as a bunny for a very minimal sum. Also, might I suggest an Creative 52X CD ROM burner for those very important occassions, say Anniversarys and Birthdays and such. Although I have been told that a good klunk on the head with a rolling pin or an empty dinner plate work well, I believe my upgrade solution to be much less painful.

Once your new hardware is installed, you will have a much larger and faster place to store and recall your information from, adding to your present charm, "whit", and personality, including an updated software perspective package of Mr. George Behe, inspiration extrordenaire.

Many Blessings,

Beverly
happy.gif

P.S. How was that George?

George Behe

Dec 11, 1999
Hi, Bev!

You express yourself very fluently in Lithuanian. (At least, it sounded like Lithuanian to this computer-illiterate bumpkin.) :)

Hi, Kritina!

>Would that picture of Geoff be one of him dressed >as Augustus?

So *that's* why Geoff's nickname is 'Augie!' :)

Hi, Geoff!

>The one Pat has for you, young George, is the one >of me wearing just a smile!

No! Keep back! Keep away! Aarrgghhh! :)

All my best,

George

Dec 12, 1999
>The one Pat has for you, young George, is the one of me wearing just a smile! - Be afraid, be VERY afraid!!

To quote Bugs Bunny, "Yipe".
happy.gif

Pat Cook

Apr 26, 2000
I won't say that photo of Geoff is shocking but...wait, yes I will.

Actually, I was going to send Geoff and George a full figure photo of yours truly. However, I couldn't afford that IMAX equipment to take one!

Happy holidays, y'all,
Cook