Interesting link

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to know what it is this bloke is smoking. Especially if he thinks some compressed gas and £18-£24 million is enough to even begin talking about a job like this, much less actually getting it done.

This guy must be smoking dope or something.

I think we'll get the same outcome if we just throw a bunch of explosives on the wreck and blow the hull to shreads... and it will probably be less costly....

From the article:

"There is a lot of interest out in the Far East - they seem to be very keen on the idea for some reason."

I guess it wouldn't have anything to do with Byzanium . . .

>>I guess it wouldn't have anything to do with Byzanium . . .<<

More like wishful thinking on the part of these claimed (And notably unnamed investors), and that's assuming they're not a figment of this bloke's imagination. The claim that the hull is as sound as the day she went down has got to be one of the most incredible pieces of sheer ignorance that I've read in awhile, and on some of the forums I frequent, I've seen some whoppers!

It may be amusing to observe these boneheads in action. (I am a fan of the 3 stooges!) There would be some entertainment value there, assuming that they could sell their bonehead idea to some investors. Problem is, there aren't too many people that have made a lot of money that are that STUPID!! Besides, we wouldn't want to see our beloved Titanic desecrated in this fashion.

>>Problem is, there aren't too many people that have made a lot of money that are that STUPID!!<<

And they tend not to keep it very long if they are. The smart ones keep their fortunes and even make them grow by checking things out befor taking a chance.

Sounds like this guy needs to put down his crack pipe, take Raise the Titanic out of the VCR, and pop in a tape of the actual wreck footage.

Sheesh.

Cute read for entertainment sake though! Thanks!

A

Adam Lang

Even if the gas would work to raise the ship up, wouldn't the structural damage and corrosion tear the ship apart anyway?

-Adam Lang

>>take Raise the Titanic out of the VCR, and pop in a tape of the actual wreck footage.<<

Now, now, Matthew, no need to poke holes in a drug induced fantasy with such inconvenient things like facts!
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.