cheryl pyers

Aug 3, 2010
Hi, I went to view the Titanic Exhibition here in Melbourne / Australia, my Boarding Pass was that of your GreatGrandmothers, it is a very moving Exhibition.

Positivity809

Aug 6, 2010
So sorry for your loss my borading pass was also of your great grandmothers and chills went dowm my spine as I am a nurse. May she rest in peace.

Toni Hitch

Jan 2, 2011
This is amazing, I was given her passenger card when I went around the Titanic Exhibition in the O2 Arena in London. The facts here match the ones of my card! :O Its unfortunate she died, but her memory has been kept alive by the artefacts that have been discovered which led me to find her. RIP. ♥

Juliques

Feb 9, 2013
I went to the Titanic Exhibit currently in the Luxor in Las Vegas. I also received your great grandmothers character card. This exhibit is a great tribute to the tradgedy and a respectful memory of all aboard the Titanic.

Mar 7, 2013
Hi, I also went to the Titanic Exhibit this past Sunday in Philadelphia,PA/My boarding pass was of your Great Grandmother/ I was so hoping to see her name on the survivor list,But...unfortunatly did not survive((...May she rest in peace)God bless!!!

Apr 27, 2011
I also had this boarding pass. I felt especially connected because I am also a mormon and go to school in Provo, Utah. It was amazing that out of five hundred cards, I received this one. I would love to know more information if you have any. Thanks! [email protected]

Arun Vajpey

Jul 8, 1999
I am fascinated by Irene Corbett and would like to know more about her life. RIP.

I understand that she was something of a free spirit, an ardent supporter of women's suffrage and wanted to become a midwife. She used to be a teacher before her marriage to Corbett and had to stop working afterwards. They had 3 children and after they had grown-up a bit, Irene wanted to study midwifery in England, something which her husband reportedly did not approve. So she left her 3 children with her own parents (who were very supportive of her plans) and went to London in 1911 and trained as a midwife for a year. She wrote to her parents (and presumably not also to her husband) that she was returning to the US on the Titanic. She was unfortunately one of the 12 'Lost ladies from Second Class' but the odd thing is that no other survivor appeared to recall her whereabouts during the sinking.

Given her apparently independent personality, I would have thought she was the sort of person others would remember. Is there any new information about what happened to her on board the Titanic and why she did not make it?