Is anyone connected to any of Titanic's passengers or crew

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Hallo, Chanelle. Only way is to do your own research by working backwards through your family tree. But it's a lot of work and not worth the effort if all you're interested in is the remote possibility of a Titanic connection, unless you have some reason to suspect one. Having said that I should add that you're likely to discover lots of people in your family line who are interesting for all sorts of reasons even if they weren't involved in a shipwreck!

Jul 21, 2010
Thanks Bob, yeah that would be hard. My family does have some cool connections. Yet, I have always had this strong interest in the great ship, and have been curious if such a connection is even possible. You never know if you don't look for it!

Charles

Mar 28, 2015
USA
Even though my family wasn't involved in the Titanic Disaster, I learned from Ancestry.Com that my great-great grandmother was a Polish immigrant that traveled with her parents (she was still a child, 7 years of age) to Baltimore on August 30, 1873. They traveled Steerage, so I am assuming they brought their own food, blankets, etc (before Cunard's Lusitania, Mauretania, and Aquatania, many ships required Steerage passengers to bring their own things)