Is Assigning Names of Real People for Extras/Stunts problem?

Aug 31, 2015
@Bob Godfrey

@Ioannis Georgiou

Hi, before some time, me and my friend assigned names of real people for seamen and third class stewards in that appeared in popular culture (Especially ITV Drama from 2012) for Fandom use.

The Stewards and Seamen are shown holding back the steerage and the Seamen locked main character with the other italians.

I was now thinking (As there was response to Murdoch's portrayal in James Cameron's Titanic) if we couldn't be charged for this? After all Fellowes damaged Wilde, Boxhall and Moody. But still?

Let me know what do you guys think.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
If you are talking about the law regarding defamation (libel and slander) this cannot be applied to any comments made about people who are no longer living. Nevertheless, most of us would feel that we should take care to avoid causing unnecessary offence to others by making wild speculations which have no solid evidence to support them.

knotgashford

Nov 17, 2017
i don't think you could be charged for this, but just to be safe; i would rather avoid doing that. you might offend someone

Aug 31, 2015
@Bob Godfrey

@knotgashford Well, they do have different infobox and categories. All I can do yet is make some template that will different them from standard pages.

The Stewards, Harry Ross Baxter and Henry Parkinson Hill were assigned because of the same age. Seaman Scarrott because he was also in Lowe's boat and Bradley because he was one of seamen that died.

Last edited: