Is CunardCarnival planning to build a ship called Queen Victoria

Feb 14, 2011
We all know of Cunard/Carnival's construction of the Queen Mary 2. But I have heard rumblings that they also plan to build another queen, named Queen Victoria. If this is true, does anyone know if the Queen Victoria will rival the Queen Mary 2 in size and splendor?

regards

Tarn Stephanos

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Tarn,

I've also heard about Cunard building another ship, but according to their website the ship has yet to be named. The website says that it will be 85,000 tons, so it will be smaller than the QM2. That's all the info that I could find.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

K

Kevin Spaans

Jason and Tarn,

I've read elsewhere that the new Cunard ship will be a Vista Class vessel (Carnival Pride, Costa Atlantica, and I believe the Oosterdam and Zuiderdam- all 84,000 tons) with some modifications to the design. I recall seeing a computer coposite of it recently but I cannot remember where.

I had heard the Queen Victoria name theory as well but most recently there have been rumblings that it will be an -nia ship, it seems as if there are new rumors every few weeks about the name!

I hope this helps a bit, I will try to find the computer composite for you. Until then, take care.

~Kevin Spaans

A

Andrew Johnston

CUNARD OWNS CARNIVAL?!

please say it isn't so... o dear please say it isn't so...

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
Thanks for that, Mark. It's good to see the old firm is still around. I wonder if it will make the 200 years old mark.