Is it possible the QE2 will remain in service beyond 2008albiet under different ownership

Feb 14, 2011
In recent years when cruise ships and liners had grown too old and worn out, they were either scrapped, or sold off the the Greeks, or other interests, that utilized the older vessels until the were no longer seaworthy....
Take for example the defunct Premeire Cruise lines- they had the ill fated Seabreeze, and another old Italian Line liner form the 1950s.....
The Seabreeze certainly wore out..she sank..

Is it possible QE2 may simply be bought by some third tier cruise company? I'd rather see that, than see her sent to the scrap yard like the great liner the Norway- although odds are if she is sold off to a third rate cruise company, her longevity will plummet-Be sure to have a lifejacket in hand, as bottom tier cruiseship companies are not known for their adherence to safety- just ask the passengers of the Oceanos......

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 22, 2010
New Jersey,USA
Tarn, I really don't think so because when Cunard sold the Queen Mary to the city of Long Beach,California in 1967,it was with the condition that Long Beach city officials would not take her out to sea again with fare paying passengers aboard the Queen Mary.And I think that Cunard will insist with the same condition with the Dubai officials who are buying the QE2.

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 22, 2010
New Jersey,USA
Tarn, What happened to the original Queen Elizabeth was I believe arson.The spoiled brat son of the Chinese businessman who bought the Queen Elizabeth was so jealous that daddy was spending so much money on this ship,the spoiled brat son schemed to set the Queen Elizabeth on fire.And it must be arson because fires do not start by accident at different locations all around the ship at the same time.

Feb 14, 2011
Thanks for the link Steve

Jerry, you're right, RMS Queen Elizabeth fell victim to arson.
At least we have interesting footage of the charred out wreck in the James Bond film 'The Man With The Golden Gun"